Rejoice With Me Brothers And Sisters

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well, the A. geniculata that Ultimate Instar "overnighted" to me on Wednesday, May 07 finally got here this afternoon. You should have heard the sigh of relief when I opened up the package and found a LIVE genic! Today is a joyous one indeed.

Jon

BTW, I was shocked to see how small this genic male is in comparison to my female -- probably half the size.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wow that says a lot for what must of been a wonderful packing job. Glad to hear you got him and he is going to be ok.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats!!!!

i bet you were really starting to think a little negatively, eh?
just shows what canhappen!

peace,
dave

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
*whew*

if there's one thing i hate hearing about, it's the death of a beautiful a. genic...i'm glad he's doin' all right....

p.s. when's he gonna be ready to date?

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by RugbyDave
Congrats!!!!

i bet you were really starting to think a little negatively, eh?
just shows what canhappen!

peace,
dave
Only of Airborne Express :mad: !!!

Jon

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well good, glad everything came in ALIVE!!!

good luck my friend!
peace,
dave

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by krystal

p.s. when's he gonna be ready to date?
Well, I just asked him and he said that he needs photographs of all interested LADY A. genicullatas. And he emphasizes LADY. Sorry fellas, but he just doesn't swing like :eek: that.

:D

Jon

Ultimate Instar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm a little surprised that my A. geniculata made it. For what it's worth, he is about 5" including legs. He stayed alive in the box from Wednesday morning until Monday afternoon, about 125 hours. I re-used the packing materials from a previous shipment that I got from Kelly Swift, which was a styrofoam box inside a cardboard box (about 10" x 6" x 6" if I remember correctly). I did put in a small heat pack because I thought that nighttime temperatures could go into the 40s or 50s. I think that the daytime highs were in the 70s. I accidentally put too much water into the deli container that he was in, so the humidity was pretty high.

I think he got lucky with the temperature and avoided heat stroke and dangerously low temps. They're supposed to be kept around 78 or so and with high humidity. This is also a pretty good example that their oxygen requirements are very low.

I am pretty ticked off at Airborne Express. Five days is not very impressive service. They are getting bought out by UPS so their reliabilty may be screwed up during the management change. I am very happy that he made it, but from what I've read, they are not the easiest Ts to breed.

Karen N.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Please get your money back on the shipping. Maybe go after some shipping credit too.

Jon