Rehousing

Lewis Medforth

Arachnopeon
Hey so ive got a juvi

Psalmopoeus irminia {sun tiger) and its coming up too needing re housing any tips as he/she is a defensive mennace/fast as im not really in the mood for it too be running all over my room and sleeping with one eye open lmao?

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Hey so ive got a juvi

Psalmopoeus irminia {sun tiger) and its coming up too needing re housing any tips as he/she is a defensive mennace/fast as im not really in the mood for it too be running all over my room and sleeping with one eye open lmao?
This sounds like the exact reason many of us try to advise people to wait before getting the super fast specieses (is that the plural of species?) of tarantulas...

do it in the Bathroom, usually the tub, cover any drain holes in the room, including the drain overflow in the sink and tub. Hope for the best.

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
Other than have a catch cup ready, not much anyone can tell you that you already shouldn't know... be careful take your time and limit the amount holes it can get into and hide Incase it gets away.

Lewis Medforth

Arachnopeon
Its not that im not used too fast species its just my first aboreal T as i just stuck too terrestial until i picked the venesuelan suntiger up. Just wanted some advice on aboreal T's thats all :)

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
Its not that im not used too fast species its just my first aboreal T as i just stuck too terrestial until i picked the venesuelan suntiger up. Just wanted some advice on aboreal T's thats all :)
Just adding a 3rd dimension to the problems. They’re more likely to run up tongs/walls etc. the only thing you can really do to make it easier it if the old enclosure somewhat fits in the new one. Other than that don’t just “poke and pray” get it in a catch cup to transfer it.

aprilmayjunebugs

Fiery but Mostly Peaceful
Arachnosupporter
There's a lot of ways to go about it, search for the thread It all happened so fast by user @Tentacle Toast to see pics of a device he made from two bottles. On the third page of replies I believe. I totally plan on making one just like it someday, since the bathtub method won't work for me because of the dang sliding shower doors.

Lewis Medforth

Arachnopeon
There's a lot of ways to go about it, search for the thread It all happened so fast by user @Tentacle Toast to see pics of a device he made from two bottles. On the third page of replies I believe. I totally plan on making one just like it someday, since the bathtub method won't work for me because of the dang sliding shower doors.
ill check it out thanks

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Watch some of Tom Moran's rehousing vids, I do my rehouses similarly and 99% of the time they go off without a hitch.

This sounds like the exact reason many of us try to advise people to wait before getting the super fast specieses (is that the plural of species?) of tarantulas...
"Species" is already a plural (seeing as it refers to groups) ;)

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
View attachment 351153

Theres a couple of pictures dunno why the 1st one is massive
Is that the new enclosure? If so, I’d recommend something with more cross ventilation (required by some Ts, IMO benefits all) and more secure cover. I could definitely see some bigger spiders makes a hole in that red screen or getting it loose. They also may be able to get hung up on it and harm themselves similar to a metal screen.

Lewis Medforth

Arachnopeon
No this is what it came in when he/she was small looking too rehouse very soon going too get like a exo terra small

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I’d say get a few catch cups and a long paintbrush or “stick” and try to coax it into the catch cup to transfer it to its new home. That’s one pretty standard method for rehousing.

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
Like Smotzer said that’s the safest way if the smaller enclosure doesn’t fit into the new one.
Yeh Def get a long big paint brush. Use the bristles to maneuver it so in case it does get defensive and strikes it won’t hurt itself.

StampFan

Arachnodemon
Hey so ive got a juvi

If its going in a much bigger enclosure, you can just put the old enclosure inside the new one, leave it for a day or two, see if it moves to the new enclosure on its own. No need to force it; for some reason all the internet and youtube vids have started a thing where people need to rehouse in a fast way, and you don't.

If you really want nightmares, watch some old Jon3800 youtube vids where the rehouse doesn't go as planned and he has a Pokey running all over his bathroom walls.