Rehousing with a cold/ strep throat?

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Probably a stupid question, I doubt there's any risk but figured I would ask. I assumed human illness couldn't be transfered but I should be having a couple 1" slings coming in tomorrow and I have come down with a cold. Obviously I won't be handling, was just wondering if I should be worried about transferring bacteria to the new enclosure when moving them from the vial?

Like I said sorry if it's a stupid question, I'll probably just throw on some gloves to be safe

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I thought I was the biggest AB over-reactor!! Lol
Hey, better safe than sorry!

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
No need to worry my man :)
But if they are 'Baboons', well... in that case they will start to hiss like devils because that harmless cold for them is 'Ebola'. I mean, they can think about that :-/ but overall, no issues :-s

Hellblazer

Arachnosquire
Feed some chicken feed with antibiotics in it to some crickets or roaches just to be safe :p

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
When it comes to making sure that you are doing what is in their best interest - no question is ever stupid. Please don't say that. I think you are fabulous for double checking.
Hope you feel better soon. :nurse: :doctor:

8Legs8Eyes

Arachnosquire
The spiders will be fine - just make sure YOU are feeling fine before the transfer. If you are taking any meds make sure they are non-drowsy!

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
That illustration may be the best thing I've seen in a while. haha. very awesome.