Rehousing versicolor sling

DeanK

Arachnosquire
My versi sling molted yesterday and is starting to look like it's gonna be too big for the amac box it's in maybe after it's next molt. The cork bark is glued in the box so I'm not sure of what's the best way to go about rehousing it without causing too much stress when it comes time for a rehouse

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My versi sling molted yesterday and is starting to look like it's gonna be too big for the amac box it's in maybe after it's next molt. The cork bark is glued in the box so I'm not sure of what's the best way to go about rehousing it without causing too much stress when it comes time for a rehouse
I wouldn't worry about stress, it will be fine. Some Avics come gently out, some leave like fireballs regardless of how you behave. Just coax the sling out carefully and slowly, and even then it might run out and jump too, esp versi.

If you are concerned about an escape, google bag transfer technique. Come back w/Q's after reading about it.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Rehousing Avics is -fun- IMO. Some freak out, others go very slowly but it's pretty easy generally to rehouse them. Use a catchcup, or the bagmethod mentioned. I just rehoused my AF A. sp. "amazonica" female into her final enclosure and boy was she stubborn and going slow. Versis mostly tend to run after a while in my experience, but it's not a big deal really. The problem is more to get them back INTO the enclosure :D

Plus - they usually go up and never down. That makes their route of escape usually pretty predictable. Granted, you get the occasional one jumping onto you :D