Rehousing-update

JanPhilip

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Moved a few of my pedes to bigger enclosures a few days ago, so I took the opportunity too get a few pics.

Scolopendra sp. "tigerlegs" / hainan island

Cormocephalus westwoodi ribauti

The tigerlegs are by far the most spastic pede species i have ever worked with. They are about 10cm now, so I am looking forward seeing them in action when twice this size.

I am planning to rehouse a few more pedes this week so there might be more pictures coming soon :)

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very nice. Agreed, about the tiger legs being the most spastic pedes ever.

JanPhilip

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Some more pics, as promised:
Scolopendra spinosissima - sadly I only have two left of this species, quite possibly my favourite. They are about 3-5cm long at the moment.

Cormocephalus westwoodi ribauti - my biggest specimen

If anyone has info on sexing and the adult size Cormocephalus westwoodi, westwoodi ribauti or dentipes, please share! Do the males gonopods or other sexuall dimorphisms? I read somewhere that C. dentipes males can be distinguished by the terminallegs, but havent found any info on the other species. I have a few animals from the genus and would love to sex them soon to see if i am lucky enough to have a pair.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Hi Jan, you may have more luck with information regarding westwoodi at one of the Austrailian forums, maybe greenscorpion? I think someone over there is working with this species in particular.