Rehousing - Too Big?

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Once my arboreals reach 2" I house in 6"x6"x10" tubs until they hit around 4" and then they generally go into adult enclosures

greeneyedelle

Arachnoknight
Post a picture after you rehouse I would love to see it in the new setup. I reckon move it I’m sure it won’t mind the space 🙂
Sooooooo deli cups are all the rage as enclosure decor right now, just in case no one knew that
1AC2B262-A391-4021-B8C7-DA6D35599E49.jpeg
Obviously I’m kidding. I gave her about fifteen minutes while I fed the other kids, and she climbed right out of the cup and into the bark
DB53D1BF-0CAA-4B02-A6D5-9DC02E1FF365.jpeg
Easy as far as rehouses go, but I don’t expect to get that lucky again. Anywho. She’s settling in! Thank you guys for all the recommendations and input, I really appreciate it!
AC428CED-C613-4280-9A32-061AB9F1AA3A.jpeg

Dorifto

He who moists xD
I’d lose 2/3 or even 3/4 of that substrates in the current deli cup enclosure, then put a large vertical cork bark, and keep it in there till it molts at least three times more.

For example:

View attachment 405337
Having more substrate would help to your enclosure to be more estable, and less prone to suffer from external conditions. Even the spilled water from the water dish will take longer to evaporate, doing it more gradually.

greeneyedelle

Arachnoknight
Having more substrate would help to your enclosure to be more estable, and less prone to suffer from external conditions. Even the spilled water from the water dish will take longer to evaporate, doing it more gradually.
I have a tendency to over-substrate anyway, but the new enclosure has about 4 inches of sub at an incline that I dug up to place all the decor in stably and to nestle the water dish in, and still enough depth to burrow should she want to (she burrowed in the deli cup)