Rehousing tips?

Tatantulamom

Arachnopeon
I just rehoused an aviculara aviculara pink toe tarantula and she bolted on me I jumped a little and after finally getting her in the cage she ran to a corner has not moved. She’s just a sling and man I was not expecting her to move that quick she scared me and I really scared her 😢 I feel horrible because now she won’t move she will just inch down a little lol E5830D6F-D49F-48A9-A5E5-8599B50361DF.jpeg

ColeopteraC

Arachnobaron
I just rehoused an aviculara aviculara pink toe tarantula and she bolted on me I jumped a little and after finally getting her in the cage she ran to a corner has not moved. She’s just a sling and man I was not expecting her to move that quick she scared me and I really scared her 😢 I feel horrible because now she won’t move she will just inch down a little lol View attachment 338249
1: You should just let the T be and not worry, it was frightened and shouldn’t be disturbed. As long as it’s showing no signs of injury it’ll be fine.
2: The enclosure you have it in looks pretty terrestrial to me as well as too large for the sling right now. An ideal acid sling enclosure looks like this(credit @bryverine for the photo) 74E3F849-C026-429F-87C3-3B7202072F03.png
3: If an arboreal bolting stresses and frightens you that much I’d keep more ‘bolty terrestrials’ (Phormictopus etc.) to prepare you so this doesn’t recur...

Tatantulamom

Arachnopeon
I have a More vertical standing acrylic cage but It’s a little too big for her do you think I should still try to put her in it?

Tatantulamom

Arachnopeon
And since she’s just been rehoused if I should should I wait a few days? I was going to wait till she molted once more

ColeopteraC

Arachnobaron
I have a More vertical standing acrylic cage but It’s a little too big for her do you think I should still try to put her in it?
How big is the enclosure you have(pictures’ll be good)? If needs be it’ll be more suitable than the previous one, even if big.
I’d wait a couple of days until rehousing to avoid stress as you suggested, could you also send whole enclosure photos...

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
1: You should just let the T be and not worry, it was frightened and shouldn’t be disturbed. As long as it’s showing no signs of injury it’ll be fine.
2: The enclosure you have it in looks pretty terrestrial to me as well as too large for the sling right now. An ideal acid sling enclosure looks like this(credit @bryverine for the photo) View attachment 338273
3: If an arboreal bolting stresses and frightens you that much I’d keep more ‘bolty terrestrials’ (Phormictopus etc.) to prepare you so this doesn’t recur...
Tbh I think phormics can be quite a bit faster and "scarier" than Avics. My auratus is pretty chill but I wouldn't consider such a potentially defensive species as a "stepping stone" to an avic. Just my thoughts.

Also, that's not a sling OP ;)

ColeopteraC

Arachnobaron
Tbh I think phormics can be quite a bit faster and "scarier" than Avics. My auratus is pretty chill but I wouldn't consider such a potentially defensive species as a "stepping stone" to an avic. Just my thoughts.

Also, that's not a sling OP ;)
My experience with a juvie auratus has been pretty chill. May differ with others though. Can’t think of any good stepping stones as T’s...:( Hunstmen are what I used, all the speed without the attitude of arboreals.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I’d wait a couple of days until rehousing to avoid stress as you suggested, could you also send whole enclosure photos..
Never understood this logic, why let the tarantula get settled only to uproot it and stress it out again?

OP just get the rehouse done out of the way before it gets settled into the current enclosure.

ColeopteraC

Arachnobaron
Never understood this logic, why let the tarantula get settled only to uproot it and stress it out again?

OP just get the rehouse done out of the way before it gets settled into the current enclosure.
At least according to the first post both the owner and the T we’re stressed out by the rehousing which didn’t go all that well. Letting the T rest for a short period(a day, it should be rehoused today) will benefit it instead of introducing even more stress at a time where the T is unsettled.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
At least according to the first post both the owner and the T we’re stressed out by the rehousing which didn’t go all that well. Letting the T rest for a short period(a day, it should be rehoused today) will benefit it instead of introducing even more stress at a time where the T is unsettled.
Not really, you'll actually stress it out more by giving it time to settle in to this new environment only to move it into a foreign environment again, better to get it into the correct setup ASAP and then not have to pester it again for the foreseeable future.

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
My advice during a rehouse is picture everything going wrong in your mind, and then if something does go badly i dont panic as much. Common sense and mental preparation are the best tools to have IMO