Rehousing my Poecilotheria tigrinawesseli

Tarantula B

Arachnosquire
Hello everyone,

I apologize for it being so late but I'm going to rehouse my pokie and have no clue what to put her in?? She is 3 inches now and money is alittle tight at the moment. Can I use a sterlite cereal container from Walmart or some tall container?

Getting help tonight would help me have a game plan for tomorrow!

Thanks

Attachments

mantiscatamp

Arachnoknight
Idk what u house em in but I like to use these kinds of things for large bugs if I'm short on $$$$ alot of big stores can give you empty ones for free in my case eme but corona so idk but I'm sure u can find smin

Attachments

Tarantula B

Arachnosquire
I house mine in 16oz cups, I'm raising all my pokies in 160z cups until they reach a certain length. All of mine are and were babies lol

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hello everyone,

I apologize for it being so late but I'm going to rehouse my pokie and have no clue what to put her in?? She is 3 inches now and money is alittle tight at the moment. Can I use a sterlite cereal container from Walmart or some tall container?

Getting help tonight would help me have a game plan for tomorrow!

Thanks
Yes

Give it more space than a normal T due to its speed, that's safer for YOU and the T. A bite from a Poki sends grown adults to hospitals

cold blood

Staff member
I get these from the dollar store....im about to house 6 pokies the same size into them today...keep in mind, that horizontal space is actually more critical than vertical....I house all non avuc arboreals in these as juvies...males mature in them, females get upgraded eventually to more classicly arboreal set ups.

Attachments

Tarantula B

Arachnosquire
Thanks so much for everyone's input, it means alot! I'm off to Walmart everyone!

Tarantula B

Arachnosquire
This is what I came up with, I couldn't find a clear top but I think this turned out very well. 20200512_175201.jpg 20200512_175205.jpg