Rehousing day.. and a very feisty E. cyanognathus

MichiganReptiles

Arachnobaron
I did some rehousing today. First was my 5i E. cyanognathus. The container I housed him in when I got him was a bit too big and I knew the B. smithi I got yesterday would fit perfectly in there. I wish I would have been able to video tape rehousing the E. cyanognathus. That little bugger is so feisty! Most of my T's move away from the tongs; not this guy. I got threat poses galore.. fangs at the ready. Every time I moved the tongs he would turn toward them and throw his legs up in the air. It was so cute! The B. smithi was very calm and easy to rehouse, although he did kick hair once. I also rehoused my P. formosa which was simple as well.

Oh, and not on the topic of rehousing, but my new H. incei is one bad little eating machine! I fed him last night and he snatched the cricket before it hit the ground. Today I noticed that my crickets were looking a little on the sad side so I figured I would feed as many T's as I could before they perished. I accidentally dropped two in the H. incei vial and he took them both down! I'm in love with this new T. :}

8ighth Wonder

Arachnopeon
I did some rehousing today. First was my 5i E. cyanognathus. The container I housed him in when I got him was a bit too big and I knew the B. smithi I got yesterday would fit perfectly in there. I wish I would have been able to video tape rehousing the E. cyanognathus. That little bugger is so feisty! Most of my T's move away from the tongs; not this guy. I got threat poses galore.. fangs at the ready. Every time I moved the tongs he would turn toward them and throw his legs up in the air. It was so cute! The B. smithi was very calm and easy to rehouse, although he did kick hair once. I also rehoused my P. formosa which was simple as well.

Oh, and not on the topic of rehousing, but my new H. incei is one bad little eating machine! I fed him last night and he snatched the cricket before it hit the ground. Today I noticed that my crickets were looking a little on the sad side so I figured I would feed as many T's as I could before they perished. I accidentally dropped two in the H. incei vial and he took them both down! I'm in love with this new T. :}
Sounds like my Haplopelma vonwirthi. I tried using an incense holder to coax her into a container so I could clean her substrate. I guess she figured attacking the holder wasn't working, because she literally jumped up in the air to attack my hand. I never knew I could move that fast.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Glad the rehomings went smooth.. :)

My H. incei is not really wanting to eat right now.. I offered her a roach last night.. Yeah.. I had to shut the enclosure fast like.. She went crazy! Running laps around the container.. {D I cant wait to see its feeding responce.. Everyone has said they are awesome eaters..

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
When our E. cyano was that size and we rehoused her, she did the exact same thing. She would turn around in a theat posture to face the tongs. She's a MF now and just runs down her burrow, but she was certainly a feisty sling.

Cass