Rehousing a pregnant T

ExotiPet

Arachnopeon
Hey all!

I have a female versicolor that I'm pretty sure is pregnant and I am wondering what everyones take is on rehousing her now. At first I didn't plan on moving her to the new cage until I puller her egg sack, but after feeding her last night she destroyed her entire web. So upon seeing that this morning I wondered if I should just move her to the bigger cage to rebuild in, giving her much more room to produce her sack. But of course in the back of my mind I don't wanna rehouse a pregnant T due to the stress it may cause. Oh and not sure if it matters but she is only about a week prego.

Thanks for your opinions!

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey all!

I have a female versicolor that I'm pretty sure is pregnant and I am wondering what everyones take is on rehousing her now. At first I didn't plan on moving her to the new cage until I puller her egg sack, but after feeding her last night she destroyed her entire web. So upon seeing that this morning I wondered if I should just move her to the bigger cage to rebuild in, giving her much more room to produce her sack. But of course in the back of my mind I don't wanna rehouse a pregnant T due to the stress it may cause. Oh and not sure if it matters but she is only about a week prego.

Thanks for your opinions!
Can you maybe give us some pictures of what she is currently residing in?

ExotiPet

Arachnopeon
1234.jpg

There ya go. That is her. The new cage is a large arboreal cage from tarantulacages.com, I have hers already set up with dirt though.

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Honestly, If there is a thought she could be gravid... I'd be perfectly willing to leave her in her current setup.

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have moved gravid females a few times. I have even had a gravid female imported then shipped before she produced a sac. Do you know how far along is she? When was the last mating?

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
If it was only a week ago she was paired id say go ahead. She should have enough time to get comfortable/ settled into her new home. The new cage looks a bit big. Give her a nice hide and she may settle in a bit faster.

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
She just mated over a week ago
IMO just go ahead and move her. She will be fine. Tarantulas are alot more tolerant than we give them credit for. They are truly amazing. I guess thats why they have never really have to evolve much. they are just perfect enough to retain their form for millions of years.{D

ExotiPet

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the input. I decided to move her today, I also realized the female cricket I put in there the other day laid eggs so it was definitely time to move. Here is a pic of her new set up.

IMAG0254.jpg