rehouseing

scjones22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
At what size shoould a T be moved from its deli cup to a larger enclosure?

missy

Arachnopeon
just to be naive or perhaps british ,but what size is a deli cup ?

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
what size is a deli cup ?
LOL! That was one of my questions too. Plus, is the t an arboreal or terrestrial? Does it like to burrow?

Around five inches in diameter.
Is it an 8 or 16 ounce deli cup?

scjones22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
LOL! That was one of my questions too. Plus, is the t an arboreal or terrestrial? Does it like to burrow?

Is it an 8 or 16 ounce deli cup?
Its a greenbottle blue that is about 2", which means that it is terrestrial and I dont think they like to burrow. And its a 5 in" diameter so in guessing its a 8 ounce deli cup

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
At what size shoould a T be moved from its deli cup to a larger enclosure?
There's no concrete rule. Just rehouse them when the old one starts to seem too small, or when they get big enough that YOU need to give them more room to get away from you/hide during cage maintenance. :)

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The only difference between an 8oz. and 16oz. deli cup is the height.

Ah, my favorite species! I would probably go ahead and rehouse it into something a little deeper and bigger around. They like to have plants and stuff to web to. All of mine stay off the ground on their webs they've made. I have mine set up with a clay pot for a hide and a plant or two for them to web on if they so choose. As long as there aren't any holes it can fit through in the larger container I would go for it. They are excellent eaters so finding food shouldn't be a problem for them.

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The only difference between an 8oz. and 16oz. deli cup is the height.

Ah, my favorite species! I would probably go ahead and rehouse it into something a little deeper and bigger around. They like to have plants and stuff to web to. All of mine stay off the ground on their webs they've made. I have mine set up with a clay pot for a hide and a plant or two for them to web on if they so choose. As long as there aren't any holes it can fit through in the larger container I would go for it. They are excellent eaters so finding food shouldn't be a problem for them.

i agree. id put in in a 2 1/2 gal. or comparable size kritter keeper.

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
size to rehouse

I use the rule that, if the spiderling / juvie looks to me like he/shes approx half the size across of the deli cup, then I figure its time to go bigger.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I agree, when the T is big enought that you don't have enough room to feed it in the deli cup, its time to move. Be careful. GBB's are super fast. What I do is set up the new housing, then carefully loosen the lid to the deli cup and put it in the new enclosure and let the T come out on its own, after it does, remove the deli cup.

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I agree as well if it's a 2 inch terrestrial T, I suggest a small to medium Kritter Keeper. Put some good depth on the peat or similar substrate(eco earth,etc.).

Small KK 9" x 6" x 7" high. Drop in 4-5 inches or peat or so.

Medium KK 12" x 7" x 8" high. Drop in 5-6 inches of peat.

Don't forget, all your GBB needs is a water dish, absolutely no misting needed whatsoever as these Ts love it dry. Enjoy yours! :D

scjones22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
When measureing the T should you measure the length from the from legs to the rear legs or the size of the abdomen and CEPHALOTHORAX?

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Most people measure from the tip of the front leg to the tip of the back leg on the same side.

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I just rehoused my 3/4" Singapore Blue spiderling in a 6"x3.5"x"6 kitchen storage container with needleholes punctured through the lid.

I have about 1/2" moist substrate and wrapped a small hideaway log (left over from my previous invert collecting days) and smashed it to bits outside. Placed pieces of the bark as lean-tos against the walls of the storage container.

The s'ling is doing great and hiding behind one of the pieces. I would not suggest this for all T species of this size but being that the Singapore Blue is arboreal and very fast, it helps.