Rehoused Ivories

mickiem

Arachnoprince
IMG_4135.JPG View attachment 241847
This is the new digs for my Chicobolus spinigerus. It's the same size, just new substrate. The enclosure is about 14X17X12 and the sub is 7" deep. This is deeper than the milliped is long. I think there are about a dozen adults and some babies. Decayed leaves and branches are added to the top. There are 4-1/8" holes on each side and 2-1/8" holes on each end for a total of 12 holes each 1/8" diameter. Seems to be working.

Last edited:

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Looks like it will hold moisture and humidity well. I've used similar tall Rubbermaid or Sterilte containers for centipedes.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Got something similar for my Philippine blues. They seem to be doing really well, though I need to add more substrate since they're eating machines lol.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Got something similar for my Philippine blues. They seem to be doing really well, though I need to add more substrate since they're eating machines lol.
Seriously! I'm not sure if they only defecate on the surface, but I just rehoused mine a few months ago and the surface is covered already. I rehoused them because they had grown so much (and fast) and wanted to give them a deeper enclosure. I may have to go up another size already. Fast growers and eating and frass making machines. I love the Blues.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Seriously! I'm not sure if they only defecate on the surface, but I just rehoused mine a few months ago and the surface is covered already. I rehoused them because they had grown so much (and fast) and wanted to give them a deeper enclosure. I may have to go up another size already. Fast growers and eating and frass making machines. I love the Blues.
It certainly seems like they only frass on the surface! But mine also seem to spend a large amount of time hanging out on the surface, so it could just be the matter of convenience. Heck of a species that hopefully becomes really common in the hobby someday!

mickiem

Arachnoprince
It certainly seems like they only frass on the surface! But mine also seem to spend a large amount of time hanging out on the surface, so it could just be the matter of convenience. Heck of a species that hopefully becomes really common in the hobby someday!
How old are yours? Do you have a breeding colony? I have 10 2-3 year olds; 3 males and 7 females. Got lucky on gender mix. I think they are mature at 4 years.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
How old are yours? Do you have a breeding colony? I have 10 2-3 year olds; 3 males and 7 females. Got lucky on gender mix. I think they are mature at 4 years.
I'm not actually sure how old my group of 4 are, but they should be close to maturing. They were the larger ones SDCPs was selling. Haven't sexed them yet, really just waiting for them to mature and then go from there. No mature males yet, so if worst comes to worst I guess I'll have 4 females and will then just have to track down a lucky male. Glad to hear you got a big group of them though, so it'll be easy for us to swap if need be!

7Fin

Arachnoknight
They look beautiful! Hope they like their new home <3

InvertsandOi

Arachnoknight
Looks good! I think I'll be rehousing soon too. What everyone else said about the frass, plus I noticed dozens, (maybe more) little pedelings in there three days ago. Once they start growing it'll be time for an upgrade. Looks like it's time for a trip to the woods to get some old wood.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Looks good! I think I'll be rehousing soon too. What everyone else said about the frass, plus I noticed dozens, (maybe more) little pedelings in there three days ago. Once they start growing it'll be time for an upgrade. Looks like it's time for a trip to the woods to get some old wood.
Do you know how old your adults are? Congrats on the pedelings!

InvertsandOi

Arachnoknight
Do you know how old your adults are? Congrats on the pedelings!
Thank you! No, I don't know how old the adults are. I bought them last year as a sexed pair. I don't know when in their development the obvious sexual dimorphism in the seventh segment on the males happens, but it was already there when I got them.