Regulating Humidity

Chicagoblue

Arachnopeon
Sorry for all the questions that i have been asking lately. I got the humidity level up to 50 percent yesterday and within & within 16 hrs it dropped down to 30. Is there a way to keep the humidity levels at a acceptable level without having to spray or mist every day? I just don't see myself doing this day after day. your input is appreciated. Thanks!

snstrflyer

Arachnopeon
Sorry for all the questions that i have been asking lately. I got the humidity level up to 50 percent yesterday and within & within 16 hrs it dropped down to 30. Is there a way to keep the humidity levels at a acceptable level without having to spray or mist every day? I just don't see myself doing this day after day. your input is appreciated. Thanks!
That is too low, you need to block off air going into tank, plexiglass or something. My tank stays at a constant 80% humudity just by blocking air, dont worry theres plenty of air to breathe. Helps if you have a heat source as well like a pad on the side.

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
as flyer said, you can block some of the ventilation.

Other options?

Deeper the substrate, the longer it will hold humidity. Another option is to have a bigger water dish. If you can get the water dish warmer, it will give off more humidity. One option would be to put a heat pad on the back wall, then a big water dish against it. Or you could have a heating element pointed at the water dish.

good luck!

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
At what level in the tank are you measuring for humidity? The closer you are to the substrate, the higher it will be and don't forget, that's where your scorpion is staying.

snstrflyer

Arachnopeon
the top third portion on the side of the tank.
You need to have plenty of water holding substrate, i have about 6-7 inchs of substrate. Not only does it hold humidity really well, but the scorpion can burrow nice and deep.

Remember you need to block ventilation about 85 percent to hold water.

The mat that your using would servr you much better lower on the glass, heating up the substrate releasing humidity and keeping it warm for the scorpion.

Your gauges should be low where the scorpion actually lives, it is all for them.

Deep substrate
water
tight ventilation
heat source
Thats all you need.

Last edited:

Chicagoblue

Arachnopeon
I just lowered the humidity gauge to ground level near the substrate about an hour ago. Within that hour the humidity level jumped 10 points higher. i'll let you all know if it stays there at that level. Nice setup by the way snstrflyer. And thankyou all for the great support on this subject.