Regina's actually a male D:

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Just got home from college and sexed Regina's last molt, and she's a MALE
IMG_7858.GIF
#totallynotsalty

Pretty pissed off. My brother just said "well on the bright side, he'll be dead by the time you get a girlfriend" like dude, not cool.

Last edited:

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer

#totallynotsalty

Pretty pissed off. My brother just said "well on the bright side, he'll be dead by the time you get a girlfriend" like dude, - off.
I have a ball python named Regina and I'm pretty sure he's a boy, too. I just call him "her" anyway.

This gives you an excuse to buy more spiders, as if that were needed.

Last edited:

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron

#totallynotsalty

Pretty pissed off. My brother just said "well on the bright side, he'll be dead by the time you get a girlfriend" like dude, f*** off.
I guess you gotta call him Reginald now :(. Thats a bummer, man.

Belegnole

Tarantula Guy
Old Timer

#totallynotsalty

Pretty pissed off. My brother just said "well on the bright side, he'll be dead by the time you get a girlfriend" like dude, f*** off.
lol....

Oh and I guess Regina is now Reggie

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
I have a ball python named Regina and I'm pretty sure he's a boy, too. I just call him "her" anyway.

This gives you an excuse to buy more spiders, as if that were needed.
But my first one was supposed to he my favorite one! The one i cared about the most!

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
He was unsexed but looked female from ventral sexing
Oh alright, sucks man but you can always try and arrange a breeding loan/trade.
If I recall correctly @cold blood had bought a G.pulchripes as a sexed female back when he was getting started but turned out male, so he made a breeding arrangement and ended up with lots of slings, point being you can still come out of this on top.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Oh alright, sucks man but you can always try and arrange a breeding loan/trade.
If I recall correctly @cold blood had bought a G.pulchripes as a sexed female back when he was getting started but turned out male, so he made a breeding arrangement and ended up with lots of slings, point being you can still come out of this on top.
This is one of cold blood's slings of which you speak

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
This is one of cold blood's slings of which you speak
That's awesome, proves just why ending up with a male isn't a bad thing...

Now that the torch has been passed on to you its your duty find that male a girlfriend ;) and maybe one day some lucky keepers will get their hands on his offspring.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Keeping my fingers crossed that it only looks male because it's an old molt, a month old now. Here's a picture my mom took only a few days after it was molted:
IMG_7814.JPG
If you zoom in you can see SOMETHING there that's a different color than the surrounding skin, and no, it's not one of the book lungs. But it's not there now. So who knows?

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
But my first one was supposed to he my favorite one! The one i cared about the most!
I got two at a time for my first. One was male (Caribena versicolor named Delilah) and the other female (Grammostola pulchra). Delilah was a great little guy, but neither of them stayed my favorite. I will have that bloody pulchra forever though.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
@Moakmeister your initial post was a violation of the board's TOS. No substitution of characters for curse words.

On the flip side, you MAY be able to trade him for more Ts ;) Males are equally as needed as a female for breeding, it does take 2 ya know ;)

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Just get a lady now and make babies.

On the bright side -

A. Reggie is a cute name and
B. He's a grammostola so he'll live for a thousand years anyway.

I haven't been able to sex mine yet but ventrally it looks male too.

cold blood

Staff member
It still can be....males need love, too.

I dont get the distain for males....a male is an opportunity...whether to loan, sell or trade, its an opportunity to get more species at basically no cost. Every breeder needs males.