Regina's actually a male D:

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
No, it wasnt. My brother hates spiders and he wants me to get rid of it. He tells me at least once a day that he's embarassed i have one.
He's embarrassed you have one? I could understand him not liking it, as Ts aren't for everyone. But to say he's embarrassed you have one is pretty pitiful, close minded people suck.

cold blood

Staff member
No, it wasnt. My brother hates spiders and he wants me to get rid of it. He tells me at least once a day that he's embarassed i have one.
Your brother is the very definition of a closed minded individual...wish him luck on making and keeping friends as an adult. At this point hes the one destined to be lonely in the long run.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Your brother is the very definition of a closed minded individual...wish him luck on making and keeping friends as an adult. At this point hes the one destined to be lonely in the long run.
Remember an old Italian motto: "Meglio soli che male accompagnati." which means: "Better alone, than with a bad company" :pompous:

Solitary kinda "lone wolf" people are, in general, top notch :)

Leila

Arachnobaron
I understand how you feel, @Moakmeister. I was absolutely crushed when I discovered my "female" making what I soon discovered to be a sperm web. At that time, Gatsby was my one and only tarantula. Knowing I would lose him sooner than later had me downtrodden for a few days.

Then I purchased 5 more varied Ts within a month or two.

Will Gatsby, my G. porteri, still be missed when he passes? Of course. :embarrassed: But having the other Ts make his inevitable passing more bearable.

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
Remember an old Italian motto: "Meglio soli che male accompagnati." which means: "Better alone, than with a bad company" :pompous:

Solitary kinda "lone wolf" people are, in general, top notch :)
Your Italian wisdom is wonderful. Reminds me of Dante, sometimes.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Your Italian wisdom is wonderful. Reminds me of Dante, sometimes.
Ah, I live trying to Honor the legacy of one of the Fathers of my nation, and civilization tout court. This is one of the reasons why, if an Italian is present here, I refuse to speak with him/her using English :pompous:

I endorse, btw, 100% Dante's views and words about politics, religion etc everything :)

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Wow, he just climbed up on the side. He even looks male ventrally now. Where was that for the last two exoskeletons?

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
Ah, I live trying to Honor the legacy of one of the Fathers of my nation, and civilization tout court. This is one of the reasons why, if an Italian is present here, I refuse to speak with him/her using English :pompous:

I endorse, btw, 100% Dante's views and words about politics, religion etc everything :)
I agree entirely. The Divine Comedy was life changing.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Wow, he just climbed up on the side. He even looks male ventrally now. Where was that for the last two exoskeletons?
Things can change a lot between a molt. I actually got lucky this week with a N.colorativollosus that I was almost certain was male, it molted and I was wrong, ventral sexing is unreliable.
It only works for certain species like pokies, even then it's not that obvious until the T grows up.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Well, whatever. Repticon's coming up again in just a few weeks. You can guarantee that whatever I buy will be confirmed female. And Imma get the vendor's contact info in case said "confirmed female" turns out to be a male and I get ripped off like some other poor souls here.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
I only JUST now realized exactly what I've been getting told repeatedly. I keep hearing "but you can breed him and get his babies!" and I kept thinking "so? My first tarantula is still a male". But then I realized, yeah. They're HIS babies. The offspring of my first tarantula. I can have them :D im not that mad anymore