Regeneration

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How does regeneration in Ts work? My rosea was missing a leg, and just molted, and it only regenerated about three segments. Was it supposed to regenerate the whole leg in one molt? Or does it take multiple molts for the whole leg to come back?

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It takes several molts. I suspect that if you look closely you'll see that your T actually has all of the leg segments, they're just all smaller. Next molt will probably be just a tick smaller than normal then the next after that it should be good as gravy.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Actually it does not have all the leg segments. The leg grew back fine, but cut off before the last two segments. It actually looks the same size as the other legs maybe a tick smaller now, but not by much.

Here are pics:

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Huh, ok then. I'm guessing the injury must have happened pretty close to a molt so the new leg that was forming under the old was damaged as well. Next time she'll have little toesies on the end of a big leg.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
From what I've read, between molts, while it's regenerating its leg, it's folded up in the coxa (block-like segment between femur and body). With the first molt, it unfurls the small leg. From there, it molts like normal with the new leg getting bigger as it goes. It takes a bit of resource allocation, I wonder if it's overall growth is less because of it. Or if it eats more to compensate. Or if its even a significant change. It probably depends on how many limbs are being regenerated....

Whoops, I missed the last posts. It'll probably have the missing segments growing in it's most terminal segment

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Huh, ok then. I'm guessing the injury must have happened pretty close to a molt so the new leg that was forming under the old was damaged as well. Next time she'll have little toesies on the end of a big leg.
I guess so.... That's gonna be a funny sight after its next molt. :}

popcangenie

Arachnosquire
yea my avic had a messed up leg when i got it then it molted out into a bigger leg (rip)