Suggestion Regarding weaponized votes

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
All votes on the forum can be ignored using personal judgement, except for one. When a person has something Quoted social propriety demands that it be read. You have said something that was significant enough to be quoted. Perhaps a query, or a correction, or someone elucidating, amending or expounding upon your comment.
Unfortunately, the quote is often weaponized. Some persons use the quote to harangue or harass.

So the suggestion is a way to ignore or turn off the notification that you have been quoted by certain persons. along the lines of Ignore lite. One small way to de-weaponize the vote system that preys upon a persons efforts to maintain proper social conduct.

To put this into perspective, I've been quoted well over 100 times with the sole purpose of the quote to make a gray area personal attack.
Of course I could use the ignore but I believe I am a better judge of whom I ignore, taking the thread topic into account and others who have commented on the topic, rather than wholesale blanking out posts. I can disregard or glance and go on as I so choose, not perforce give it my full attention as a quote often demands..

Last edited:

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Not blanket insulting others or treating them poorly, is an absolutely great way to prevent them weaponizing your words against you. Just a suggestion to add to the conversation.