Regarding recent Phoneutria for sale in USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

blacktara

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think if I keep a venomous animal and it harms you, then you have a right to claim I make it right

Now - it may not be possible to always track down who owned a critter that got loose by negligence and then bit and harmed someone

I grant you that

But yet again, I claim that the possibility of someone coming to harm is not any reason to impose severe restrictions on personal freedoms or to sanction any person, entity, or agency to serve as Big Brother

I dont guess you and I will ever agree

Someday that Big Brother you love to have around for everyone else will clamp down on you for some reason which you will find unbelievable.

On that day, maybe you'll get a glimpse of where I come from. But alas, on that day, it'll be far too late to do you any good at all

Regards, my well-wishing but misguided 'friend'

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ok,

First, im no friend of any big brother, I couldnt care less.

Second, as I stated before, if someone gets a Phoneutria, escapes on him and that spiders kills my kid, theres no liability to prove him as guilty.
If a meathead kick you arse, there will be legal actions taken.
Quite Simply.

Now go over again with your obsession with wallets,big brothers, taxes and freedom. you are the only one misguided here.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The argument I see now is, "I don't want the government to tell me what to do."

There's no real consideration to the specific debate, it's all about being controlled by the government.

I also don't see much comparison between bodybuilding and a venomous spider.

I bet most of us could outrun Fran anyway, no offense, Franny-boy. ;)

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I bet most of us could outrun Fran anyway, no offense, Franny-boy. ;)
Thats where you are WRONG haha, I have been playing rugby all my childhood,at 18 I run 100m in 12+ seconds ;)...So yeah, most likely I will catch you {D

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
one thing here we ALL forget to understand...these things are everywhere where they are from......and the bites are not all that frequent....

paul fleming

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thats where you are WRONG haha, I have been playing rugby all my childhood,at 18 I run 100m in 12+ seconds ;)...So yeah, most likely I will catch you {D
That was before....after putting on 25 stone of mucscle....you might not be quite so fast {D

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That was before....after putting on 25 stone of mucscle....you might not be quite so fast {D

Lol, I still run from time to time, not long distance, thats boooring :D
Thats another stereotype ;), As long as you are not a ball of fat, you might be quite fast

blacktara

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok,

First, im no friend of any big brother, I couldnt care less.

Second, as I stated before, if someone gets a Phoneutria, escapes on him and that spiders kills my kid, theres no liability to prove him as guilty.
If a meathead kick you arse, there will be legal actions taken.
Quite Simply.

Now go over again with your obsession with wallets,big brothers, taxes and freedom. you are the only one misguided here.

You want the government to be a welfare state. You have said so in no uncertain terms

You want the government to be the guardian, caretaker, overseer, and advocate of the private citizen

If that's not a friend of Big Brother, I dont know what is

All I want is the government and any uninvited citizens out of my private affairs. If I need to make them fear me to get that accomplished, then so be it

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just point out where did I say that. Please.
(You forgot to menction wallets and taxes in your last posts)

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So my decition to bodybuild is dangerous to others , as much as to keep a DEADLY spider.
Your reasoning is stunning. Compering those 2 things is simply unbelievable.

You are missing an important point:

If , with my bodybuilding strenght I go anr harm you, THERE ARE LEGAL ACTIONS THAT WILL BE TAKING PLACE against me.

If an idiot keeps a deadly spider, it scapes and bite me, that guy wont suffer ANY consecuences.
i agree with Fran
that logic just doesnt add up, and I feel that a spider is more dangerous, as it isn't sentient enough to decide what to do or not to do besides instinct. You calling Fran out is deliberate flaming with disregard to logic.

Really, it isnt even about spiders anymore. Let it die.

blacktara

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just point out where did I say that. Please.
(You forgot to menction wallets and taxes in your last posts)
Remember the thread about healthcare where you said how much you love living in a society where taxation supports such things as universal healthcare?

blacktara

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i agree with Fran
that logic just doesnt add up, and I feel that a spider is more dangerous, as it isn't sentient enough to decide what to do or not to do besides instinct. You calling Fran out is deliberate flaming with disregard to logic. He didnt even post about you and you're going off on him.

I am quite deliberately not going off on him. I havent said anything personally derogatory to him

I am putting my view out there.

If you agree with Fran, then by all means, please exercise your right to NOT persue ownership of PFera

Please dont attempt to decide what my qualifications, motives, or rights are regarding the same

You worry about you. Fran worry about Fran . Let me worry about me. (and if yall wanna worry about each other, feel free, just dont attempt to COMPEL me to join in)

blacktara

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
In the end, this arguement could go on and on. It's two viewpoints that are deeply engrained and unlikely to change by our back and forth persuasions

Let me just say that I honestly pray, that the day never comes where Fran and his ilk find out the hard way that sanctioning all power to an unmonitored and uncontrolled central authority is a bad idea, no matter how good the initial intentions might have been

I'd fight to prevent that day

I dont really wanna fight someone who doesnt think like me until they attempt to compel me to live by their particular morals, ethics, or laws

paul fleming

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Life is too short to fall out over the keeping of Phoneutria spp. and I can't see this thread going any further while making sense.
Think we will all have to agree to disagree.
Ps...just found out that Fran is not such a bad guy after all :)
Stiil don't agree with him mind {D

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You want the government to be a welfare state. You have said so in no uncertain terms

You want the government to be the guardian, caretaker, overseer, and advocate of the private citizen
That and saying that I like the goverment that provides a "free" quality health insurance for all its citizens thru taxes IS NOT the same.

Either you are harder headed than me, which is quite amazing, or you just dont really understand what is being said here.

paul fleming

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
There are a lot worse out there than "pho"....just so happens I keep them but although I can get my hands on "pho",I would never in a million years take a chance with my family, owning one.

http://www.vincelewis.net/deadlyspider.html

Just too fast and aggressive for my liking but I still would not stop anyone who thought they could care responsibly for the animals to aquire them.
That's just me though.
Have to say,this is a very good discussion :)
Fran needs to cut up a bit too........speaking as an old bodybuilder of course :D

]

Last edited:

blacktara

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That and saying that I like the goverment that provides a "free" quality health insurance for all its citizens thru taxes IS NOT the same.

Either you are harder headed than me, which is quite amazing, or you just dont really understand what is being said here.

You want the government to provide a costly service to the citizens. And yet you think this is not equivalent to wanting a government that is a caretaker.

If the above is indeed true, then I dont understand your position at all. (and if, then we finally agree on something, by the way)

To my eyes, your position is that you would sacrifice freedom for security and/or prosperity.

My position is that I would not do so

I could even stomach your position, if MY freedom wasnt also to be sacrificed in the process

Look - this is along the lines of what the US did to Iraq. Someone somewhere decided that there were maybe weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, and that maybe this was a threat to the US - and the next thing you know, the rights of a sovereign nation and its people are being trampled. And the worst thing is, the purported weapons never even existed.

If we legislate against every possible demon, evil, and bogeyman that anyone can see or envision or dream of, we will all live in a very small, very unstimulating, and very dead box of an existance.

Dude, you come to my country - and seek to change the very basis upon which it was founded. Not to be impolite, but please espouse your political views in and upon your country of origin

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You want the government to provide a costly service to the citizens. And yet you think this is not equivalent to wanting a government that is a caretaker.

If the above is indeed true, then I dont understand your position at all. (and if, then we finally agree on something, by the way)

To my eyes, your position is that you would sacrifice freedom for security and/or prosperity.

My position is that I would not do so

I could even stomach your position, if MY freedom wasnt also to be sacrificed in the process

Look - this is along the lines of what the US did to Iraq. Someone somewhere decided that there were maybe weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, and that maybe this was a threat to the US - and the next thing you know, the rights of a sovereign nation and its people are being trampled. And the worst thing is, the purported weapons never even existed.

If we legislate against every possible demon, evil, and bogeyman that anyone can see or envision or dream of, we will all live in a very small, very unstimulating, and very dead box of an existance.

Dude, you come to my country - and seek to change the very basis upon which it was founded. Not to be impolite, but please espouse your political views in and upon your country of origin

We are out of topic, but please....PLEASE,
to your country? {D haha
What are you, Commanche? Or Cherokee? {D
And your last name would be Petroski, or Schnyder...Maybe Perucci {D

Boy this guy is funny {D

paul fleming

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
We are out of topic, but please....PLEASE,
to your country? {D haha
What are you, Commanche? Or Cherokee? {D
And your last name would be Petroski, or Schnyder...Maybe Perucci {D

Boy this guy is funny {D
Fran,I thought he was talking about me, being the only alien here.......
Could not see what have I could have said to upset him though......and PMed him to say.
He was replying to my post after all

Last edited:

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Fran,I thought he was taking about me being the only alien here.......
Could not see what have I could have said to upset him though......and PMed him to say.
He was replying to my post after all
He was replying to my post, Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.