Regarding Leiurus quinquestriatus

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Are there different kind of Leiurus quinquestriatus? Or different color variation of them?

Me and my friend both have one, and they seemed to have a bit different color from one to another.

• Mine

8AA0E176-F243-453B-802A-1D08688E805F.jpeg

• My friend’s

6D1E9771-6816-491E-90AF-2E35728134F2.jpeg

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
There are different locales where they are from and are slightly different in color

Also, there are other Leiurus specimens that are very similar to the LQ

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Leiurus young look very similar and don't really show their true patterns until about the 4th instar.

But yes LQ to some is considered polymorphic. I've seen them from nice bright orange with black. To light brown. To very pale yellow with almost no black

Last edited:

ScorpFreakKing666

Arachnopeon
As mentioned above from the wonderful members of Arachnoboards, LQ vary in color patterns and degree of shades to there color dependent on the locale of the region they are from, I have one from Somalia and a friend of mine has one from Egypt and they look different in terms of color/shade but they are the same specie, also mentioned is there are quite a few Leiurus species that look very similar but are in fact different species! I have attached a couple pictures to show the similarities in 3 different species! I got these images from https://www.ntnu.no/ub/scorpion-files/ which is a great source of information!

Leiurus abdullahbayrami from Turkey (Pic 1)
Leiurus hebraeus from Israel (Pic 2)
Leiurus quinquestriatus from Egypt (Pic 3)

Attachments