regarding: I found this interesting

toan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hi all, I just wanted to be defensive for a little bit.

I said:

> sorry to see so many of us leaving. and so many are
> leaving that it seems amiss. My theory is that there
> lacks a condusive atmosphere to encourage us to keep our
> collection that once existed when we see the old names
> of those we have known. something as simple as
> "that's a beautiful collection!" may be all we
> really need.

>>>>>>>>

Swift said:

Cry me a river, Toan. If your wanting to leave the hobby, then go, but don't
hang around to discourage or try to convince others to. If you need a push of
support constantly, to make you feel better about keeping a collection of
arachnids, than it probably isn't the hobby for you.

Swifty

Link: SWIFT'S INVERTEBRATES
URL: <http://www.swiftinverts.com>

>>>>>>>>>

I said:

Oh, but I wasn't talking about me. And about my selling, I needed money to pay for school.

>>>>>>>>>

message was deleted. :confused:

>>>>>>>>>

anyway, a lot of thing I may be, big jerk included, but never am I holier than thou. I am not the body builder by the way, one look and you'll know the figure of a dilapidated nerd.

Toan

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Toan,

Don't worry about it. I'd have to go back and read the thread on here that you are talking about, but this place has few personal attacks and I think it was brought up more as a conversation piece than anything. Besides, I think there was more than one thread involved, hence the bodybuilding posts.

For me personally, I hope whatever it is you are doing works out for you. I think you had mentioned something about paying for school... good luck.

Botar

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well unless your "the spider hunter" aka "spider john" never fear That's who that post is about. ;)

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Toan,
don't worry about it :)
There is no flaming here, He Who Rules does not allow it!
It's a very respectful atmosphere, unlike other places...that is why we are hanging out here!
Like Botar said, it was more like mentioned in passing anyway.
Good luck with school, I'll bet that was a hard decision to make for you

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Not to bring up petbugs buisness here, but the reply to you was probably just in error. If you read your post in that thread shortly after the Advice thread, it's easy to think your post was knocking the hobby as well although we know it's not. Just a misinterpretation if you ask me :)

Welcome aboard Toan.

Scott

toan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
seems everyone has a logo pic under their name except for me. hmmmm... gotta get one.

Toan

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I like it... looks kind of like Shrek with tusks.

Botar

toan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yup yup!

Botar, he's called the "Peon" in popular game called warcraft. and since I am ranked "arachnopeon," i figured what better figure to use! =D

1am, yeah, but i suck at it man. I actually started one of the orc scenarios to get that pic--i use that pic cause he looks like me, only a little greener. :p

Toan

kosh

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
warcraft 3 kicks butt (at least so far).....i have completed the first human campaign and now im starting on the first undead campaign.....couldnt really figure out where how to choose what campaign other than just let the game tell me where to go next...it started out with two little training type missions with the orcs and then jumped into the human campaign....oh well i guess the game goes by a story line so i gotta follow the story and see where it leads me....im sure if i chose to do a custom scenario i could choose my race though....

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Being a nerd a long time ago, I mastered warcraft. Everything seemed so easy to me now. Only thing is that it is way too time consuming.