Regarding Breeding Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=67258

eh...

From the above reports I saw the females drop the sac found dead after some time...
Why do You guys think it can had happens? I wonder...
As well as I wonder, does any of You fed Your spiders during they're carying for eggsac.

Fortunately i don't lost my female even I git 80+ sling at the end, that's why i'm asking for Your answers to analize the situation.
i would also want to know what You guy doing with the humidity during incubation of the sac.

Abd sure, Varden, the doubbleclutch for this species is amaising and never known before I think.
contact me please privately if you interested to be ref at my site and future article (if it's ever published)...

metzgerzoo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Mikhail, I have absolutely no clue why the female died. What was even more odd was that she did not assume a death curl. She died just sitting. She did not even remotely look dead.
This is the only time I've encountered this, my current C. cyan. has been doing just fine with her sac...until she ate it.

Feeding....I don't recall if the female was fed or not, it's been over a year but I do not think she was while tending her sac. My current female was fed up until she made her sac, after which she was not fed.
The humidity for the first female was kept fairly low while incubating her sac. Mind you, she died within days of making her sac.

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for Your input!
Just want to tell You that I fed ALL and EVERY female I have guarding a sac without any accident... if You have afraid they can be "stressed" (not sure this is correct word for arthropods) and eat a sac, use prekilled item placed near her...
female was kept fairly low
Does she looking vastly "attenuated" after eggsac production.
The reason is what I've used a high humidity for breeding period for this species+feeding during incubation (for 20 first days) and I suppose without both conditions for the females that can be a possible case for a death...

EDED

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi Mikhail,

what if a spider has the burrow or any entrance shut with its web? do you throw in a food item anyhow?

if the burrow is sealed isnt that saying the spider doesnt want any disturbance and refusing food?

since you havent had any problems that's great but im just curious

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello Brian.

Dunno what do You mean but here is what i usually do with the spiders if want em to breed.
I never bred spiders in their common enclosures (but sure, did that long ago) - always remove the female to special breeding tank...
I did not provide em with the hide as well (exeption stated below). The tank is closed densely and dark itself and also kept ina dark place, so I have no problems with the overwebbing or so...
I realise that this is not good way to breed Hysterocrates spp. and some other obligate burrowers, but even used by me last year for Haplopelma lividum (just provide here with the small hide).
This is not that I recommend the same method I use for breeding.

To answer Your question directly I would avoid all these possiblities - just remove from the female's cage all that can limited Your possibility to control the female during sac-guarding time, if breeding in the common females terrarium.

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How old were the females that died? I cannot remember which thread it was in, I can search for it if you would like, but there was a mention of young females dying if they are bred at a young age. I sent my male to Varden and then to Bobby Pruett and I was very very sad to hear about Varden's female. I am also interested in why she would die :? . Perhaps it is a natural thing in the wild, but I have a hard time imagining why they would evolve to do that.

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My female that died, I had been expecting her to molt. She'd crawled down into her burrow and sealed herself inside. After my other GBB female double clutched, I then got curious about this one and opened her burrow to find her completely dead. She had constant access to water, and no injuries were evident. At this point, the only reason I can think of that might explain her death is that this GBB was one of two Ts that were shipped to me the previous winter without a heat pack.

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=60468

When she molted, she molted out fully functioning so I thought she was fine. She then molted again, still fine, so I attempted to breed her. Perhaps she wasn't fine after all.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Heat pack should have nothing to do with it. Unless its brutally cold out like 10 degrees or below I have never sent my Ts with a heat pack and they make it just fine.......A T can handle cold much better then it can handle to much heat. So I pass on heat packs. They are not a constant temp and you have no way of knowing how hot it gets in that box with a 72 hour heat pack in there....

I did a test once and put a temp gauge in with a heat pack in a box..... the internal temp of that box got up to 98. and that was with the box just sitting in my room at room temp.
People should be very careful with heat packs. They are not needed as much as people think.

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
It was brutally, brutally cold. The two T's that had the difficulty, were the two T's on top of the pile (I had purchased 30 or so and they came in a big box) right up against the cardboard. Everyone else deeper into the packing was fine. But the two on the very top, outside the insulation took 5&6 months of ICU babying before they molted out okay.

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello All and Varden!

Frankly speaking I don't think the cold put its hand on the spider if it's successsfully molted after that. We should have some reason and it's rezult...
the cold may makes rotten the food item in tarantula that's why it dies or make the inner organs "spoil" - in both cases if spider molts it does a sign that all is well with it generally.
I used to keep all my tarantulas in living room without any additional heating etc. and seems so most of em are healthy, well and bred regularly even sometimes due to a bad with the house communications in Russia th temparature of the room can downgrades to the 14-16 Celsigrades... but I never have any problem with it...
In contrary, the high temperatures kills such tarantulas as Th. blondi, Megaphobema spp., other deep tropical burrowers, Haplopelma spp. (most asians) and others instead some africans which are more tolerant to the high temperatures.
As for the young female dies of the reason of "earlier" breeding - I do not believe so... it is more abviousely if such female were produces the unfertile eggs instead, but we see the opposite - some "young" fem's are rather more productive than some "old"once...
I guess that the main problem with this species is the maintain of the proper level of humidity - if You do not rais humidity together with not feeding the female, she can dies of "weakness" but if You overmoisten the substratum and provide very hight humidity level - it is olso the reason to female to reject feeding and die...
So, the balance is needed, but i can tell that it is more wise to prepear the female to the breeding "season" - feed her well and hard, but not after the mating (only before the mating).
So... who knows...