Regalis Dorsal Sexing..

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
NO pic's at this time but I'm rehousing today so I'll have a chance but remind me..

While I totally understand not 100% and the last molt was chewed up I'm just looking for a ballpark for now..

P. regalis dorsal folio in females is the one that fades or is it male?

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here is an update and more pics after the re-housing.

Tube made of cork bark.. not much but what I had and I don't think the T will mind for now :)

Dorsal Shot.. Notice center folio almost all gone.. I believe "she" is now about 4-5" as I wanted to rehouse and get her in quickly..

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry if the pictures are too big. Not sure why my Picasa account is doing that to those..

Also, no replies, nothing? Not even a heckler? ;)

Thanks Crawl I was thinking it was female but of course giving others to debate it :D

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What about Epiandrous fusillae photo?)
If it's where it was awhile ago that won't be an issue less glare.

Let me see what I can get after the kids are in bed < 30 mins.

I had thought female early on say 2" in size (2 molts back) so now that she's getting bigger I was reading up on Dorsal folio sexing as a second guess until I can get a molt that was not chewed completely.

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks Audrey..

Yea I remember your thread.. This one does have really beautiful purple highlights it's just the bad camera, angle and lighting.

I was so pleasantly shocked upon the last molt to catch a few minutes of sunlight through the window and the purple was just awesome.

I still have my opinions on this based on the above image.. But.. But.. ;)

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Joe,

Been reading A LOT of your threads/posts about Poec's so I'm wondering why female? Dorsal, ventral or both?

I'm thinking the same and even from around 2" you called female and based on what I've been reading the last few hours off and on I tend to agree but again I knew it's not 100% but I sure wish he/she would leave at least one molt viable! It just ~loves~ to mangle the heck out of them each and every time.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Ictinike....heres a male of mine....hes one molt away from maturitiy(i beleive)

heres a female......

looking at the ventral shot of your regalis, i say female...prominent white slit, and no "belly button" formation above, or in this pictures case, below the opening

the male i have, looks way different ventraly....i will go snap a pic and post it up for comparison

Last edited:

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I`ve been tryin to get a better pic.....but to no avale....jus cant seem to get him positioned right........try again tomorro

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Both ventrally and dorsally, that's female.

Lemme find a dorsal pic of mine...

Found it:
Nice.. Thanks for that.. I'll hope to confirm on a later molt :)

I`ve been tryin to get a better pic.....but to no avale....jus cant seem to get him positioned right........try again tomorro
NP my good brother! No rush and I know they seem not to want to cooperate when you need it them most :wall:

Thanks both of you!