regalis age

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Tried searching, but didnt see any post of this exactly, at what size would most of you consider a female regalis to be of breedable age? Mine just molted yesterday and was approx 6 inch before this molt. I have a MM waiting for her.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You are ready to rock and roll. {D
I have gotten one smaller sac from a 5" female before so you should have a decent sac from a 6"+ female. Good luck man. Feed her well for a few weeks and then co habit them. Keep us updated!

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
enclosure

Would it be advisable to give her a new enclosure with new bedding, before I think about co-habiting? She really needs more open space with her growth. The enclosure was about 1.5 times her leg-span in width before this molt,
And about 3 times high.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If you do give her a new setup allow time for her to settle down, eat, web, choose a hiding area or safe spot, then co habit. Having a larger area might be a good idea if you think it's to cramped for them both. I have co habited a pair before in a large KK before, they are not that big but things went just fine.

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
new cage

I think I will move her to larger enclosure, it would probly be cramped for them both. Ill give her time to make herself at home, then introduce the male. Thanks.