• The Review forums are closed to new reviews.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews.

Information on how to use our new Reviews section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Regal Invertebrates (www.regalreptile.com/inverts.htm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirDraco

Arachnopeon
Regal reptiles

I just placed my first order with Regal Reptiles yesterday. Let me tell you - the service it absolutely outstanding (and I'm very picky). I was able to speak with someone each time I called. Took a couple hours to find exactly what I was looking for and they were patient - even with the repeat calls to them.

Then - pricing - I mentioned that I belonged to this board and they cut me such a good deal I just couldn't believe it was true.

If you are looking for a friendly dealer that has a large selection where you can pick up the phone and talk to someone about your needs and have them work with you - then regal is the place to go!

They have earned a repeat customer. Kudos to Scott and the rest of the stafff at Regal.

jtcornpone

Arachnopeon
Always very pleased

POSITIVE

I have always been very pleased in my dealings with Vince and company. They've been very conscientious about responding promptly, and in following up in my orders.

I'd be even more pleased if their inventory list were updated more frequently :eek: , but the quality of their service more than makes up for that.

I would do business with them again without hesitation.

Last edited:

Wolvie56X

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Positive all the way

ive dealt with regal on about 5 different ocassions... never once was i unsatisfied, i dealt with both scott and vince, awesome guys, great knowledge and service, not only does the store really kick ass, its like a mini zoo for all the people who love creepy crawlies and reptiles, but they have some great people working there

the worst thing that happened when dealing with regal was, well, im not sure, cant think of anything, i recommend them to anyone and everyone, just for the zoo, let alone buying animals as well

oh if theres anything i can complain about, its that they need to update their inventory lists online more often, i only go up there if they get something in that i want, i dont mind the 90 minute drive, but id like to see what they have in stock before i decide to drive there, with gas prices the way they are now a days

Wolvie

BoJo

Arachnopeon
*thumbs up*
VERY friendly and informative service! The T's were gorgeous and healthy, and I was dancing. The only problem was that I ordered an a. geniculata and received an n. chromatus. No big deal, I was happy! The color and attitude were sort of surprising when I opened things up. Angry...angry spider. {D
I talked with him on the phone recently and he offered some amazing prices. I'll be doing business with him veeeery soon! Just don't let any of your haplopelma or a. metallica sell out soon :D

MemphisHerp

Arachnopeon
Regal Reptiles & Inverts (www.regalreptile.com)

I received a shipment in from Miguel at Regal this morning. Everything was great! This shipment consisted of antilles, green bottle blues, and indian ornamentals, and a few herps.
I have nothing but kind words for the staff of Regal Reptiles, especially Miguel. He went out of his way thru and thru. It was the BEST packing job that I have EVER seen! Everything ate right out of the box (even the emerald tree boa!).
I have found a new supplier!

Thanks,
Justin Hogan
Vet Pets Animal Hospital and Memphis Herpetological Supply

Greaper

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Quality Inverts

I have done three orders with miguel at regal and ALL of them have been more then perfect. Miguel is a good dealer who knows what he is talking about. If you havent ordered from him yet, I would highly recomend calling him up to see what he's got! :D

Jaytek

Arachnopeon
Neutral

+ Miguel was a great guy, easy to work with.

+ Everything arrived timely (the next day) all the way here in California.

+ Centipedes were the correct length, were active and vicious.

- One of the Centipedes that arrived was missing a leg.

Other than that everything is great. I'd still recommend this dealer though, got a beautiful Haitian and Chinese Cherry for a good price, and Miguel is very much cooperative.

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
Regal Inverts

Positive!

I received some T's today (P. cancerides, T. apophysis and C. crawshayi) and couldn't be more pleased with the whole transaction.

Communications - Excellent:
Initial contact was via a few emails over the course of several days and I received a prompt answer to each of my emails answering all my questions. When I had decided what I wanted, I called and spoke with Miguel and he was extremely friendly and helpful.

Ordering - Very Good:
Miguel verified my order (making sure everything was still in stock regarding the species and sizes I wanted) and took my order over the phone. Took a couple of minutes at most, very easy.

Shipping - Excellent:
After placing my order and giving Miguel my address, he said I'd receive them before noon the next day (today). I did in fact get them before noon and they were packed very well. Lots of insulation and a good heat pack. The spiders were all packed very well in their containers.

The Tarantulas - Outstanding:
They had everything I wanted in stock and in the sizes I wanted, all at very good prices. The T's were all very healthy and active when I unpacked them and have been active for the better part of the day (checking out their new homes, I suppose). Like I said, very healthy spiders. I simply cannot tell you how happy I am with these specimens!

Overall, an extremely POSITIVE experience all the way around. I highly recommend Miguel and Regal Reptiles. P.S. - I'm still wondering how they packed that C. crawshayi because she was striking and hissing before I got her out of the deli-cup. Very nasty temperament! :D

humanparaquatt

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the great feed back rob I haven't been able to reply for a while but it's good to know I have some positive feedback going. I have tons of new stuff coming in daily so definately give a call to see what's going on.
Hope to see some familiar faces in White Plains NY this weekend :)

brokenpole

Arachnopeon
Regal Invertebrates

NEGATIVE :(

Regal posted a message about attending the All Maryland Reptile show on December 10,2004. The message advertised T. Blondie's for $25 and $65 (depending on size). The catch was that they had to be pre-ordered. My son-in-law wanted a blondie for Christmas and my wife also wanted one, so...my daughter called to order a young sling and a juvenile for pick-up at the show. The folks my daughter talked to even said that this was a special price for Arachnoboard members. I had plans for the weekend so I gave my daughter the cash and off we go.

Found out when I got home that when they found Regal's table that they didn't bring any T's with them. This close to Christmas and with some kind of special deal going on I would have thought that steps would have been taken to make sure that the orders were treated better.

I hope Regal takes this feedback and upgrades their service.

Jon

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
negative

as well, I was and not happy with them, drove two hours to their store in Rhode Island just to find out you have to PAY them to see their tarantulas, yes, PAY them, once you buy a t, you do get your money back, but IMO thats a very bad way to do business.....

Greaper

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Positive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

It sais on there website that you have to pay to get in. I have never had problems. Miguel who is currently an Invert guy there is awesome!!!!!

He has hooked my butt up with some amazing deals!!!!!

THANKS REGAL FOR SO MANY GREAT INVERTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

BoJo

Arachnopeon
g'job!

My second order from these guys and boy howdy do they deliver. I ordered an a. metallica, p. ornata, and h. minax. Sweet buhjesus are they gorgeous. This a. metallica had my bottom jaw on the floor. Very very very good stuff!

†he®åphøså

Arachnopeon
Execellent

This is my first time ordering from Regal Inverts. It was a X'mas gift for a friend. Miguel was the person that was taking care of my request. And I must say dealing with him is easy and he is a definately a very efficient guy (communication and following up). Making sure all your requests were met.

For example, he took the initiative to send me some great photos for me to choose the tarantulas before I decide. I must say that with him going the extra miles to do something like that. He definately deserve positive rating.

Well done. Thanks again Miguel.

Regards,
†he®åphøså

†he®åphøså

Arachnopeon
Negative !!

Dear All,

I would like to follow up from the above feedback for Regal's Invertebrates after more than a month dealing with them. To be specific with, Miguel.

This feedback, personally, I think it's worthy for everyone to take note with.
Irregardless of buyers or online dealers here in Arachnoboard. It worth taking some of mine time to pen this experience if it does benefit someone here at the end of the day.

As what I have mentioned in the earlier positive feedback. I have the pleasure to order 2 Theraphosa apopyhsis ( 5 inches ) from Miguel on Dec 2004 as a X'mas gift for a friend of mine. My order was 2 female. And Miguel was kind enough to provide 3 "Confirmed" female photos for me to choose from. I must say, as a first time customer, I'm really impressed by this type of service and assurance. However, I started to think twice again about them.....

After keeping it more than a month, it shows signs of pre-molt and yes it finally molted more than a week ago. And this is where the dissappointment is. A person can lie, but not photographs. It turn out to be a male! ( It's really hard to accept mistake can be made with a 5 inch tarantula )

I have choosen to post this thread after so many days after it molt, not because I have all forgotten about it. But, I think it would be fair to solve this issue under the table and also give ample time(more than 1 week) for Miguel to explain things. However, it seems no one from Regal's Inverts are interested in explaining things to his customers. Hence me too, won't be keen or hestitate to be soft on my comments.

And to all hobbyist out there, do more research on the dealers you want to order from. Sometimes, just a few positive feedback here is not enough you can learn from mine.

Also to dealers, if you do treaasure the reputatution you have build for years. Don't take chances.

For all your viewing pleasure, the photos have spoken for itself.

†h®åphøså

Attachments

Nightmares

Arachnopeon
sorry joven

Dude things have been unbelievably busy all over the store as well as some personal things i've been going through. I apologize for the inconvenience joven but I am sending you an email today as well as posting here I am more than willing to fix the mistake here. So if you see this before your email or vice versa. give me a call
Miguel
Regal Inverts

†he®åphøså

Arachnopeon
Issue still pending.....

Hi All,

Just an update to everyone here who are concern on who they are dealing with. Currently, I'm still waiting for Miguel to get back to me on how Regal's Invertebrates is going to compensate this mistake.

Keep tune....

Jovennath Christopher

HorridumAngeli

Arachnopeon
Regal Reptiles

I have purchased a T as well as two Peruvian Peds. I had the pedes shipped and was given a cool deal. I have been in the Reptile industry for a long time and they treated me professionally :D
Thank You,
HorridumAngeli www.Helodermahorridum.com

brigebane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Positive

Miguel was very polite and willing to work with me on my order. I recieved a 4.5-5 inch H. gigas and near 6.5 inch C. crawashayi, both in great health and more than willing to throw us a threat display and start eating well. Will definitely do business with them again.

brigebane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Positive

Thanks to Scott over at Regal I recieved a great looking batch of animals. They really take care of their customers and I see no flaws with packing.
Jamison

Status
Not open for further replies.