• The Review forums are closed to new reviews.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews.

Information on how to use our new Reviews section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Regal Invertebrates (www.regalreptile.com/inverts.htm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluerich74

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just met Vince of Regal Invertebrates at a show in Monroeville,Pa. today.I thought he was very well informed and helpful.I got a 6"+P.Cancerides,a N.Coloratovillosus sling and a H.Longipedum sling for $34 total.I definately recommend them...Rich

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Regal Invertebrates (vince@regalreptiles.com)

Positive

I had the pleasure of dealing with Vince in person at the Hamburg reptile show, and I must say I was impressed with his knowledge of his stock. He was very helpful with any questons I had. As always Regal has some of the best prices on inverts, and a very large stock list to choose from. Everything was priced so there was no guessing or having to ask about the price of every spider of intrest. The stock looked healthy and well cared for. I was very pleased with the service I got and look forward to future dealings with Vince of Regal Reptiles.

Last edited:

Nightmares

Arachnopeon
Thanks Jeremy,
Regal Invertebrates looks forward to providing excellent service and quality inverts for years to come!

puddinsgrl2000

Arachnopeon
just met

=D we had just met vince for the first time at the ohio,columbus show..what a day that was.. DNR showed up and delayed opening of show for three hours anyway me and hubby purchased a green bottle blue and a red eyed tree frog..he was nice and apt to my needs the animals were all well kept and looked very well fed..very impressed..we hope to do many more purchase deals in the future... thanks again Brian and Treasa Connor

bluerich74

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey Brian and Treasa ,I was there too.What a madhouse.Anyway I dealt with Vince again and was treated very well,I had asked him earlier if he could have a certain Tarantula and a pair of rubber tipped tongs there for me.He had them no problem and made me a good package deal on 3 ts and the tongs.Hope to deal with him again soon...Vince.let us know when youll be in the area again..Thanks..Rich

Nightmares

Arachnopeon
Thanks!!!!!!

Glad to here something good came out of a bad situation!!!!
I'll be sure to post all our area apperances on the site for everyone's use.

Until then........

bluerich74

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just returned from a show in Monroeville.Pa. and once again I had asked for a certain T in advance and once again Vince had it there for me..Thanks man.........Rich

darkeye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have dealt with Vince on 2 occasions so far, and I have been very pleased and impressed with him both times. Having the luck of being within 20 minutes of the store, I love the fact that he is willing to let my son and I look through his stock at our leisure - without feeling rushed in any way. He is gentle with the animals, has very sound advice, and gave me a great deal. Today I purchased a very healthy Eupalaestrus campestratus (Pink Zebra Beauty) and a tiny Bloodleg 'sling. He thanked me for my forum comments, and even remembered me from my previous visit (almost 3 weeks prior!).

Keep up the great work, Vince - and all at Regal Reptiles.

Love to Foxtrot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I recently ordered some insects from Vince, and I am very pleased with the way that they were shipped and the condition that they arrived in. I will make a point of ordering from him again in the future!

Aubrey

oblivion56

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
regal invetebrates

vince at regal inverts is the man to deal with!he knows his stuff!when i need info he is the man i contact!i bought pedes from him that are growing like crazy!this guy has really good stuff!no joke!the only guy i deal with!(i only buy at shows)

Inuleki

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, I recieved an order today from Vince, and I must say, I'm doing a little happy dance as I type. I ordered 4 T's from him, one of which is a guaranteed female, and is absolutely HUGE! but along with these I also recieved a few freebies! :D

But, vince is a wonderful guy to talk to, and has very reasonable prices, especially on females. There was a slight mishap with the shipping, but everything arrived fine, with good packaging on all.

I would definately recommend him, but since I'm writing this, of course I would... :rolleyes: :D

-Joshua

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
Regal Invertebrates

Positive
Saw Vince at the Daytona Expo recently and I bought a really nice adult A. anax and got a L. cristata sling as a freebie. Very helpful, friendly and had a large selection of tarantulas at reasonable prices. All the T's on display were in great shape. I would definately recommend Regal to anyone.

JPD

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Regal Reptiles

In October of 2002 I received a shipment from Regal that was missing several items. I immediately contacted the person in charge of the inverts at the time and was told that I would receive the other items the next day. I was given a tracking number for UPS which I later determined to be someone elses tracking number from months ago. After many attempts to resolve this problem, I finally gave up and put Regal on my Black List.

Only recently did I hear through the grapevine that the Invertebrate dept was under new management and that a gentleman named Vince was now on the scene. I called and talked with him regarding what had happened and after searching for invoices and the like, Vince called to tell me that he would not be able to credit me due to lack of evidence from both parties.....totally understandable, (my fault for not keeping receipts!). In any case, I decided to give Regal one more chance and I must say WOW. Vince is very knowledgable and takes time out of his break neck schedule to talk with you. He gets an A in customer service!

When I received my most recent shipment, I was incredibly happy to find that all of the items requested were actually there! I did have two DOA's and Vince had no problem crediting me for them. It's nice to have trustworthy people like Vince in the business. Thanks Vince!!

If you have had bad dealings with Regal prior to Vince coming on board, I urge you to give them another chance.

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
NEUTRAL

I met Vince at the Daytona reptile show, and really liked the guy. He's very nice, and seems to know his animals very well.

My issue is with a misidentification on a species. Again, let me stress that I feel Vince is a wonderful dealer, I just want to document this.

He had a hybrid tarantula (possibly a cross between B. emilia, and B. vagans). All the other tarantulas on his table were labeled with common names. This one was labeled "BRACHYAPELMA SP, HONDURAS." Ignoring the spelling error in the latin name, the addition of a country of origin implies that this is a naturally occurring species.

When I saw the spider, I was fairly certain it was a hybrid, and asked Vince immediately. He seemed hessitant, but said I was right. I asked if it was a cross between the two above, and he said he wasn't certain, but I was probably right.

I stopped by his booth at the end of the day and made an offer for it (since I knew it either wouldn't sell, or would be sold with false pretenses at some point). He said since I was the first person to know what it was, he'd sell it to me for the price I offered.

Again, I want to stress that Vince is a GREAT dealer. I just hope if he ends up with any hybrids in the future, he'll represent them as such ;)

-Bryan

Nightmares

Arachnopeon
Hey Gang!

First and foremost Thanks for all the great reviews! I'm always glad to here from satisfied customers.

So sorry for the Brachy mix-up with the hybrid. It was a Spider Given to us from someones collection that couldn't keep it. He had said it was from Honduras when he gave it to me(about two days before daytona) and I had my assistant label it as such. I probally should have given it more analysis but, at the time, I just was trying to pack. it wasn't till I was stacking the table that I noticed my blunder, oops!

Guess I better watch myself, Attention to detail is KEY! And with all you Arachnopets Guys watchin' me YIKES!! I've gotta be carefull !!!!!!

Thanks again........

Vince from Regal.

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
I figured it was something like that, Vince. When you easily admitted what she was to me, I knew you were on the up and up :)

Again, great stuff. I'm sure we'll do business again in the future.

-Bryan

AK47

Arachnopeon
Newbie on Site

Positive

Hi,

I am a noob on this site...and let me start off by saying hi to everyone in here... MODs and dealers too....the reason I chose to go here first was because I am in the process of ordering a scorp from Regal Invert. I had talked and emailed to Vince...and let me tell you...he is very friendly to talk to and replied to my email rapidly...too.

I havent actually did any transaction with this company..but based on the friendly customer service...they have my interest in ordering from them. Now I will let you guys knows what happend after I made a purchase with Regal Invt.

Again, I want to thank you all for all the knowledge that I will be gaining on this site and to take care of my future scorpion without getting a trip to the emergency room.:D

Update:

First off...I want to say thanks Vince! This is my first "hot" A. Australis...I called Vince to hand-pick my scorp to my exact description....the scorp arrived exactly what I had ordered, first class service too!!! Positive all the way... =D

The adreneline rush was trying to the scorp into his new home...threw in a sizable cricket and the scorp actually chased after it, grabed the cricket with its pincers and BAM! stick his telson right in the cricket's head. I kinda felt sorry for the struggling cricket...but that's part of mother nature...thru death there is new life.

Now I truly believed that A. Australis is a vicious, hungry predator.

I give Regal Reptiles 2 thumbs up....A+++++

Last edited by a moderator:

XxStormsWebxX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
great guy

Positive

Recently i had met Vince at the white plains reptile expo. I was looking for a mature female G. Aureostraita for a resonable price. He offered me one for a great price i could not refuse. She is Big Beautiful and healthy. Thanks Vince. I will be paying that store a visit.

Storm=D

scarypoppins

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Positive

MY NAME IS JAY I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH VINNCE FROM REGAL FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS OVER THAT PERIOD I HAVE PERCHEST ABOUT 10 OR 12 CENTIPEDES FROM HIM AT VARIOUS SHOW AND I MUST SAY THAY ARE THE BEST ANIMALS I HAVE EVER OWNED I WOULD RECAMEND HIM TO ANYONE THANX ALOT VINNCE

Waxen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I recently stopped by Regal Reptiles on my way through Providence and was pleasantly impressed with both the unbelievably nice stock of reptiles and inverts as well as the friendly staff. I dealt directly with their Invert guy who I guess was Vince but I didn't get his name while I was there. He showed both myself and my wife in the back and was very knowledgeable about T's and very helpful considering i'm very new to the hobby. His enthusiasm of T's in general showed clearly through and he even picked out a T for us to get that my wife liked. A sling A. Versicolor that was quite the little trooper. He's already been from Providence to Tiverton RI and all the way back to NJ not to mention he ate as soon as I got him back to NJ. Grabbed a big old pinhead cricket right off the tweezers. Thanks again Regal for the solid help and the good deal on the sling. I look forward to seeing you again in White Plains coming up this weekend. All in all a super Positive experience with Regal Reptiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.