Redneck's Pictures

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So.. I had someone steal a photo & claim it as theirs.. So.. I deleted all my other pictures since they did not have any way of showing they were mine..

Now.. I am starting a new thread.. Where every picture has a "copy right" on it.. :rolleyes:

So.. On with the pictures...

~P. ornata #4~ This one is not the one that had a bad molt.. She (Hopefully!) is 3.5"..

~P. formosa~ This one molted the other day.. Sadly.. I confirmed it male.. :( He is 3.5".. Time to find him a girlfriend.. :D

~A. brocklehursti~ This girl right here is awesome! She is easy one of my favorite critters in my collection.. :D She is a chubby girl.. :D I think I need a couple more of these.. :)

These are the first few that get to get in the new thread.. Will start taking more pictures & posting them.. :)

khil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hi redneck

i am sorry someone stole your photos, unfortunate there are many people who do that

nice tarantulas

may i ask, what is the difference between a. geniculata and a. brocklehursti

thank you

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi redneck

i am sorry someone stole your photos, unfortunate there are many people who do that

nice tarantulas

may i ask, what is the difference between a. geniculata and a. brocklehursti

thank you
Thanks.. Its no big worries on the photo theft.. I guess I can think of it like this.. They are good enough to steal.. *Shrugs*

The difference between the A. genic. & A. brocklehursti.. Honestly.. Im not sure.. If I remember correctly.. It has something to do with the stripes on the knees.. Dont quote me on that though.. Im not positive!

I also believe I read they might be the same specie.. I think I read that here somewhere here on AB.. But I cant for the life of me find it.. So.. Again... Dont quote me on that either..

Sorry I cant be of much help.. I have not really done alot of research on them..

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Tommy, Great start on your new photo thread. P.o.# 4 lookin' good- appears to be getting some size!! :D

Sometimes I wonder about my genic. I've seen quite a few others with notably broader white banding. :?

Cheers,

Terry

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice pics.
Thanks! :)
Tommy, Great start on your new photo thread. P.o.# 4 lookin' good- appears to be getting some size!! :D

Sometimes I wonder about my genic. I've seen quite a few others with notably broader white banding. :?

Cheers,

Terry
Thanks Terry! I had to start the thread with my fav. pokie.. {D

Are you saying you think your genic might be a brock?

possumburg

Arachnosquire
Nice pics Tommy!

Dang I guess I really need to start watermarking my photos. Kinda flattering that someone thinks yours are good enough to steal, but at the same time don't want nobody taking credit for your hard work!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice pics Tommy!

Dang I guess I really need to start watermarking my photos. Kinda flattering that someone thinks yours are good enough to steal, but at the same time don't want nobody taking credit for your hard work!
Thanks Joey.. I honestly didnt think my pictures were "that" good.. *Shrug*

If I were you.. Watermark them! Yours are really amazing... I would really like it if I could get you to show me a few tricks.. :D Maybe you can teach me a little something when it comes to photography.. :cool:

Last edited:

possumburg

Arachnosquire
Yours are good, but I'd be more than happy to show you how to work that canon! I had to read and re-read everything I could find before it finally sunk in, that and lots and lots of just taking pictures and seeing what worked.

jt39565

Arachnoknight
I have an A. brock myself, probably 2.5" it is an awesome T! How often has yours been molting, mine is molting about every 5-7 weeks, and almost as soon as its done its ready to feast!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have an A. brock myself, probably 2.5" it is an awesome T! How often has yours been molting, mine is molting about every 5-7 weeks, and almost as soon as its done its ready to feast!
Mine is 3"... Close to 3.5" maybe.. It has been molting once a month.. I feed it heavy.. ;)

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Some shots from tonight.. What is a good size to resize my pictures to?

~Female G. pulchripes..~ She finally took a meal tonight Kristy! :D She didnt even hit the tongs that hard.. She was gentle when she took the roach.. :D

~G. rosea RCF~ This is my Mom's male G. rosea RCF..

~G. rosea~ Here is Rosie.. My very first T.. :) She is still a cutie!

More to come later.. :)

Last edited:

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanks! :)

Thanks Terry! I had to start the thread with my fav. pokie.. {D

Are you saying you think your genic might be a brock?
Hey Tommy, Whew! It's been a long day. Yeah, P ornata is a very intriguing sp- so different in just about every way than my nw terrestrial subjects. :)

I'm not certain of anything on my "genic". After all, many spp from Avicularia to Theraphosa seem vague or at least somewhat so as far as hobby "identification" is concerned. I'll have to say I'm still being quite shallow about it and have yet to study any arachnological journals or species accounts in an attempt to sort out the many questions that I have. Furthermore, and especially in absence of locality data, I even wonder about other spp that I have that are supposedly "cut and dried" in terms of specifics. I mean, who's certain to say that the G pulchra or B boehmei that I'm keeping are from pure strains? Then taking into consideration all the talk of intergeneric hybridization, etc? At the same time, I'm not saying the hobby is entirely comprised of mutts either.

I may be wrong but am pretty sure I've read in more than one "hobby" note that geniculata has redder hairs on the abdomen. With that said, your A brocklehursti apparently has more at this stage in it's development than mine has ever shown. The white banding also appears equally wide or close to that of mine. So..........:? :)

I realized much of this before I began keeping theraphosids and figuring if it were anything like herps, it would be a mess. So yeah, I'm kinda shallow about it. I just enjoy the indivs that I have. I don't care if they're rare, expensive or fart platinum bricks. I just enjoy observing them.......and looking at all the fantastic pics that you guys post!! (I know, I should do more in that respect :eek:) {D{D

p.s. sorry for cluttering your pic thread with words. No more. Scouts honor. {D

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Tommy, Whew! It's been a long day. Yeah, P ornata is a very intriguing sp- so different in just about every way than my nw terrestrial subjects. :)

I'm not certain of anything on my "genic". After all, many spp from Avicularia to Theraphosa seem vague or at least somewhat so as far as hobby "identification" is concerned. I'll have to say I'm still being quite shallow about it and have yet to study any arachnological journals or species accounts in an attempt to sort out the many questions that I have. Furthermore, and especially in absence of locality data, I even wonder about other spp that I have that are supposedly "cut and dried" in terms of specifics. I mean, who's certain to say that the G pulchra or B boehmei that I'm keeping are from pure strains? Then taking into consideration all the talk of intergeneric hybridization, etc? At the same time, I'm not saying the hobby is entirely comprised of mutts either.

I may be wrong but am pretty sure I've read in more than one "hobby" note that geniculata has redder hairs on the abdomen. With that said, your A brocklehursti apparently has more at this stage in it's development than mine has ever shown. The white banding also appears equally wide or close to that of mine. So..........:? :)

I realized much of this before I began keeping theraphosids and figuring if it were anything like herps, it would be a mess. So yeah, I'm kinda shallow about it. I just enjoy the indivs that I have. I don't care if they're rare, expensive or fart platinum bricks. I just enjoy observing them.......and looking at all the fantastic pics that you guys post!! (I know, I should do more in that respect :eek:) {D{D

p.s. sorry for cluttering your pic thread with words. No more. Scouts honor. {D
Yeah.. I am with you.. If they are "muts".. Then they are muts.. *Shrugs* They are for personal enjoyment.. You should def. do you part on the pictures! LoL!

No worries on the cluttering of the thread.. Its just here for pictures & whatever else gets added.. :D

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Some molts!

Had a few molts today... So.. Here they are.. :)

~G. pulchripes #2~ I got this guy in a trade.. Was suppose to be a female.. :rolleyes: His molt was close to 4.5"... :) Pretty boy he is!

~P. ornata #2 This is the little guy that had the bad molt.. Im not sure when he molted.. I think it was sometime yesterday after I did my daily rounds.. He got out safe! :D Wow he looks great! :D

One of the P. rufilata slings molted tonight.. Once it hardens.. I will get pictures of it when I rehouse it.. :)

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hey Tommy, Congrats on the G pulchripes molt and gender. It won't be long before you have a mate for you big girl, huh?

Glad to see the P ornata did well. Again, :worship: kudos to an outstanding keeper.

:)

Terry

possumburg

Arachnosquire
Sweet! Glad that ornata is doing good!

BTW what's up on the darlingi and parahybana sacs? ;)

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Tommy, Congrats on the G pulchripes molt and gender. It won't be long before you have a mate for you big girl, huh?

Glad to see the P ornata did well. Again, :worship: kudos to an outstanding keeper.

:)

Terry
Thanks Terry.. I was actually hoping I sexed it wrong on its last molt.. But I didnt.. It is a male.. :rolleyes: I might actually try finding a MM so I can breed this girl sooner than later.. :D

Sweet! Glad that ornata is doing good!

BTW what's up on the darlingi and parahybana sacs? ;)
Thanks Joey.. No update on the darlingi & parahybana sac.. They are still holding out on me.. :rolleyes:

There might be an egg sac from my smaller darlingi before and of my 2 larger darlingi.. I rehouse her yesterday.. I could actually see the eggs inside her.. But.. She might molt before she drops.. She is much smaller than the other two..

Leviticus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks for the pics so far Tommy, but I know you have more than that. Nice G pulchripes. My LPS just got one last week and they are holding it for me. He is the craziest feeder I have seen, had three crickets going at once!!!!