Redknee molted!

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a redknee (u) and it molted yesterday...I have only had her for about 2 weeks! The molt went ok...but she guarded the skin too long and I couldnt get it out in time to be sexed!!!! Im disappointed bout that but glad he/she is ok after the molt, lol. Maybe I can wait til the next molt! which will be when? Do u think it molted just because I received new Ts and put them by her/him.?

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Broken leg(s)?

Ok, I searched threads and realize that a broken leg is not usually a death sentence. How bout 3 broken legs? My B. boehmei has a leg in the back with the last 'segment' dragging, not gripping on anything. And two legs in the front near the pedipalps that are damaged (dried blood, no fur, etc), but seem to be gripping and getting her around ok. She is hanging around the lid and Im worried she could fall due to her handicapps, lol...but really, will she be ok? I just received her and desperately want her to get thru this. I am not bothering her and she has plenty of water, wont eat tho. :(

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a redknee (u) and it molted yesterday...I have only had her for about 2 weeks! The molt went ok...but she guarded the skin too long and I couldnt get it out in time to be sexed!!!! Im disappointed bout that but glad he/she is ok after the molt, lol. Maybe I can wait til the next molt! which will be when? Do u think it molted just because I received new Ts and put them by her/him.?
It was due for a molt. The next one will be...whenever. There is no set pattern. Just keep feeding her and she'll grow. :)

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ok, I searched threads and realize that a broken leg is not usually a death sentence. How bout 3 broken legs? My B. boehmei has a leg in the back with the last 'segment' dragging, not gripping on anything. And two legs in the front near the pedipalps that are damaged (dried blood, no fur, etc), but seem to be gripping and getting her around ok. She is hanging around the lid and Im worried she could fall due to her handicapps, lol...but really, will she be ok? I just received her and desperately want her to get thru this. I am not bothering her and she has plenty of water, wont eat tho. :(
How did it break the legs? How high up is the lid of the container? Keep her hydrated and hopefully she will start eating again. If the lid is more than a body segment high from the substrate, add more substrate. If she continues downhill, you may want to move her to an ICU till she recovers or molts.

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
icu

what is ICU, I mean for a T? And she was shipped to me in this condition....I dont know what happened to her. I got her Friday evening and she hasnt eaten for me and seem to be hiding from the cricket by climbing the walls....

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
what is ICU, I mean for a T? And she was shipped to me in this condition....I dont know what happened to her. I got her Friday evening and she hasnt eaten for me and seem to be hiding from the cricket by climbing the walls....
She was probably banged up in transit. How was she packed? You should contact whoever you bought her from. But boehmi are pretty skitiish and have gone off food for me as well after transit. Hopefully she will start eating in a few days, but contact the person you bought her from, you should not receive a T in that condition ever.

Here is the thread for the ICU

WyvernsLair

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
take an eye dropper with some rubbing alcohol and wet the skin down. Then you can carefully use tweezers or toothpicks to spread the skin out a bit. I love the alcohol better than water.. it evaporates much faster so I can position the skin the way I want and not have to wait a long time for it to dry.

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I did contact the seller, thats how I learned that it was banged up in transit...I dont expect the seller to do much about it cuz he says it was the shipping, so what do I do, u know? Im stuck with a damaged t, but thats ok...I can nurse her back if thats even possible?

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I did contact the seller, thats how I learned that it was banged up in transit...I dont expect the seller to do much about it cuz he says it was the shipping, so what do I do, u know? Im stuck with a damaged t, but thats ok...I can nurse her back if thats even possible?
The seller should do something because if it was packed correctly it should not have been banged around that much. I have sent packages that looked like someone played soccer with the box, and the T's were fine inside.

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Im not the argumentative type, to be completely honest. I am unhappy with her, but the other 2 Ts were ok, so I just let it go. Hopefully she will pull thru and I can just forget about the whole thing, lol

wicked

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I hope your little B boehmei makes it alright. Should regenerate the legs in a couple of molts though. :)

As for molt rates on B smithi, there really is no way to say because growth varies depending on temp/feeding/ etc.

I have two female B smithi purchased at 1.5" in May 05. I think they are from the same sack, and they molted within weeks of one another until I put one in the basement (where it is cooler). Now the one that was in the basement for six months is a full molt behind her sister. Starfire is in premolt again, which will put her two molts ahead of Marigold. Starfire is 4" and Marigold is a little over 3".

I have been keeping track of my littlest B smithi,Speck, purchased Dec 2005 at .5"

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for ur support on the boehmei... I actually think she may make it...just needs to moult.