Rediculous

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I understood that a good specimin of an adult female B.smithi can go for over 200$ US, I could be wrong but that is what I remember. I bought my adult female B.smithi for a crazy low price of $60 CDN from Stan Schultz when he was downsizing his collection. One of my favorite spiders, beautiful and docile.

Mark

Last edited:

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well at a pet store near me they had them for 30 dollars adult. I guess it just varies from pet store to pet store. But that is way expensive.

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by Bjorgly
I understood that a good specimin of an adult female B.smithi can go for over 200$ US, I could be wrong but that is what I remember.

Mark
That much is true, but there is nothing to indicate that this isn't a 1/2" sling for $200. This same place wants $30 for an Usambara as another bend over and grab your ankles pricepoint.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Nope, just seriously stressed by the look of things....:(

Scott

King_Looey

Arachnoprimate
Old Timer
A few of their spiders are hunched up, i feel sorry for the little buggers. I certainly wont be ordering from those guys.

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I know very little about the species, but how much of a ripoff is $200 for a 2 inch L. difficilis? Saw one the otherday at the petstore.

Mark

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have seen Rose Hairs for 4 - 10 bucks but not 20

Curly hair for 30? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

dilleo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This site also has a "chinese tiger tarantula" posted as a chilobrachy's huenua. Retarded or am I? Looks like a H. schmidti to me. Stay away from these pet stores that know nothing about what they're selling.

-Jeremy

Jobe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Dilleo, not sure if u meant they mismatched the Common name of the spider with its name, or the wrong spider was labelled C. Huena.

But namewise, C. Huena was correctly labeled as the "Chinese Tiger Tarantula".

Raveness, Cyriopagopus Thorelli is the "Malaysian Earth Tiger Tarantula", not the above mentioned one.

-Just in case anyone mixed them up :D

dilleo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey, I didn't mean the Chinese black when I was talking, but then looked at it and said to myself, "looks like selenocosmia, probably just placed the wrong genus name there". But, the genus name is debatable, not even concrete for that matter, so I guess they weren't right, but they weren't wrong either. Thanks for clearing this up. It's a damn Earth Tiger allright

-Jeremy

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They are not a good source of prices and naming species.. lol.

I looked up their species and could not find it anywhere..I believe they meant Malaysian.

Originally posted by Jobe
Dilleo, not sure if u meant they mismatched the Common name of the spider with its name, or the wrong spider was labelled C. Huena.

But namewise, C. Huena was correctly labeled as the "Chinese Tiger Tarantula".

Raveness, Cyriopagopus Thorelli is the "Malaysian Earth Tiger Tarantula", not the above mentioned one.

-Just in case anyone mixed them up :D

Jobe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hmm...ure right tho...not much references to it online...may not be a valid sp.

The ONLY place i found it on a search engine was :

http://www.prehistoric.com/amphibians.asp

Im reaaaaly unsure on this one now....

Anybody with more definite info on this ?

P/s, apologies on the above post, especially to raveness... i just checked with google and found the link to match C. Hueana with Chinese Tiger...didnt look for more info after that...my bad :D

Last edited: