Red trapdoor spider in burrow side view

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think Pyst said he wanted to see this pic and i finally go around to uploading it. so here it is. not the best quality pic, sorry...

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
40 plus views and no comments... not even a "your picture sucks" sheesh...

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sheesh...that pic sucks. :rolleyes:

:D :D

Was she forced (lack of space) to dig her tunnel butted up against the glass? Or did you set everything up before she moved in?

KUJordan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
sorry, none of those views were mine as I haven't seen this thread yet. That is a cool setup it looks like. I miss my red trappy. Is yours pretty active? Eating well?

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Buthus: Nope she chose that spot for her burrow all on her own.

KUJordan: she's as active as a trapdoor spider can be. I seldom find dead crickets or roaches in her tank, so she must be happy with her environment.

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hey, where is the spider, i don't see. lol, jk {D
cool, how big is it? and how do you know that it's a female?
jason

Blaster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Lucky You! I haven't got any trapdoors yet, but I wish mine made their burrows near the glass.
Regards, Blaster.

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
your picture sucks. ;P

thats pretty cool the spider chose the side like that. do you put anything over the side when you aren't around? if theres always light coming through, i'd be worried the spider will cover the plastic with webbing.

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
KyuZo: no clue on age, but i have had it for around 2 years. no clue what sex it is, mainly because it eats/mangles it's exuvems..and lastly... i think she has around a 2.5/3 inch leg span, but again i can't be sure since it rarely comes out of the burrow, but i have seen it snag prey over an inch plus away from the lid with out ever exposing more than it's legs...

Hey graf... we have the tank up high where it gets no distubances, but the side the burrow is on does get a 'cover" of sorts. it's actually the back of the tank and rests against the wall....

Falyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'll get a better pic of seraphim next week when i have some time off work..and she does come out at times but usually very early in the mornin around 4 am when bay is still all snuggled up in bed..
Falyn

bdavidson927

Arachnopeon
Red Trapdoor

You are sooo lucky!!! My African black trapdoor hasn't starting burrowing yet, did you have to make a
hole for it before it burrowed?. Thx

Ciphor

Arachnoprince
You are sooo lucky!!! My African black trapdoor hasn't starting burrowing yet, did you have to make a
You may need a solid time machine to get a response from the poster of that image on this thread :)

web eviction

Arachnolord
Old thread bud check the date's, but you can make a starter burrow but they are very capable of making there own ;)

spiderengineer

Arachnoangel
he will eventually burrow its in his nature. if you are worry you can make a premade one for him pretty much just make a hole and he will do the rest. some will generally take longer than others I find older ones to take the longest so be patient he will do it. one tip to try is to put him in a completely dark room.

Ciphor

Arachnoprince
he will eventually burrow its in his nature. if you are worry you can make a premade one for him pretty much just make a hole and he will do the rest. some will generally take longer than others I find older ones to take the longest so be patient he will do it. one tip to try is to put him in a completely dark room.
The only exception are mature male trapdoor spiders. If its a mature male it will not burrow or likely even take to a pre-made burrow. It wont eat, it will just wander around the enclosure for about 6 months then die.

spiderengineer

Arachnoangel
The only exception are mature male trapdoor spiders. If its a mature male it will not burrow or likely even take to a pre-made burrow. It wont eat, it will just wander around the enclosure for about 6 months then die.
yeah thanks for adding that

bdavidson927

Arachnopeon
Thank you so much, I put her in my dark basement, and when I got home she had made her burrow