red spotted assassin bug

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hey i ran across one of these things online its called a red spotted assassin bug or vampire beetle looks pretty cool said u must be 18 to buy cuz there real toxic i guess... can anyone give me any info on these suckers?

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
idunno

Originally posted by Alex S.
Shouldnt this be in the insect forum ;)

Alex S.
there cousins of the viagroon there like a certain type of viagroon

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Re: idunno

Originally posted by Sean
there cousins of the viagroon there like a certain type of viagroon
:?
An assassin bug is a cousin to a vinegaroon in the same way a spade footed toad is cousin to a red tailed boa.

Assassins are insects of the order hemiptera, vinegaroons are arachnids of the order uropygi.

They're not particularly toxic, but they can deliver a very painful bite with potential for nasty infections and allergic reactions to their paralytic saliva. I've not kept the red spotted, but I have kept wheelbug assassins and it was very simple: periodic mistings for water and a cricket or two a week for food.

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Re: Re: idunno

Originally posted by Code Monkey
:?
An assassin bug is a cousin to a vinegaroon in the same way a spade footed toad is cousin to a red tailed boa.

Assassins are insects of the order hemiptera, vinegaroons are arachnids of the order uropygi.

They're not particularly toxic, but they can deliver a very painful bite with potential for nasty infections and allergic reactions to their paralytic saliva. I've not kept the red spotted, but I have kept wheelbug assassins and it was very simple: periodic mistings for water and a cricket or two a week for food.
Thank you for clearing that up for me monkey boy i didnt know

thanks, Sean