red spot assassins feeding questions

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
was wondering what anybody that keeps these feeds them...i feed my white and red spots both crickets, but i have adult and juvi white spots, and only juvie red spots..i will sometimes feed my adult white spots male latteralis, but mostly crickets for everyone...anyways the red spots dont have the brutal aggression towards food like the white spots, and whenever i try and get my reds to eat the are always afraid...i have gotten a couple to eat, but the rest of them just seem to run from the crickets..i thought about pre killing the crickets...they are all big enough to take down full sized crickets, its just they are too afraid to...but the whites of course nail every cricket i throw in as soon as it gets near them....i know that the reds are less aggressive, but i didnt think it was to the point they are afraid of crickets..thanks for any info

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
when i used to raise those 2 sp.i also raised the mombos too, i used mealworms with no problem at all,never had any issues,the mealworms were alittle slow,they all pounced on them,even the nymphs would dine on them aswell.hope this helps.:)

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
sound good. might have to pick some up...i also am looking for the mombos....cant find them anywhere....thanks

when i used to raise those 2 sp.i also raised the mombos too, i used mealworms with no problem at all,never had any issues,the mealworms were alittle slow,they all pounced on them,even the nymphs would dine on them aswell.hope this helps.:)