Red phase G.rosea Male

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Great looking guy, how big is he now? Maturing soon?

Bill

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
He's mature and his guns are loaded :D

I have two mature females he'll be visiting soon.

Ernie

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by MrT
He's mature and his guns are loaded :D

I have two mature females he'll be visiting soon.

Ernie
Are your females also red phase, or are you gonna be the one to give me the solid answer of what happens when you mix em? :)

Bill

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by conipto
Are your females also red phase, or are you gonna be the one to give me the solid answer of what happens when you mix em? :)

Bill

Bill,
I hope to be the solid answer man, because the females aren't red.
Keep your fingers crossed.:)

Ernie

motorteipidpa

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i herd from someone (for some reason john hoke keeps popping up in my mind) that wen u breed the 2 different color morphs you get hybrids.but i guess u really dont have to believe that because if u think threre the same specie u really cant consider the offspring hybrids.i guess we would just have to wait till they grow up and see if there sterile or if they can breed.
Tom

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
WEll, I guess I need to find out, cause i dont want to breed hybrids. :(
Does anyone know for sure?

Ernie

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
MR T: Is there any way you could get a picture of his pedipalps and his tibial hooks? I will be breeding a Rosea one of these days and i wanna know how east it is to identify the males.

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Jacen,

I don't have my male anymore, he's with Galeogirl, but I can tell you, it is obvious. The hooks are readily identifiable. The palps were obvious to me as well, once I'd seen the hooks.

Botar

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Next

The hooks are just above the rim of the jar.:)

Attachments

Last edited:

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by MrT

Ernie
[/QUOTE

I would also like to know. I had a brown phase male mature last year and I mated him with 3 red phase females and 1 brown phase female. The brown phase female made a sloppy eggsac that proved to be infertile. Two of the red phases molted, and the other does not appear to be gravid. If you find some answers please let us know.

John

looseyfur

Arachnofur
Old Timer
oddly enough

oddly enough I am doing the same thing (red phase with normal female) I will keep ya'll posted as well and so far hes done his bidness TWICE :) I feel confident about an eggsack .

your friend-
looseyfur ;P

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by JacenBeers
MR T: Is there any way you could get a picture of his pedipalps and his tibial hooks? I will be breeding a Rosea one of these days and i wanna know how east it is to identify the males.
Jacen,

I had a male G. Rosea a couple of weeks ago and trust me... there is NO doubt that its male. The spurs are quite pronounced and the bulbs are quite swollen. The pedipalps are also longer than the females have.

To bad he didn't know what his spurs were for though... my biggest female had him for lunch!

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by MrT

Ernie
My understanding is that both red and brown morphs can be found in the same eggsac, meaning it's merely a color variation. Good luck on your breeding! He's a great-looking male :)

Joy