Red Mexican amblypygid?

Vermis

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Kind of related to my Mexican exportation question... ;)

http://www.whatsthatbug.com/scorps.html

Found on the Pacific coast, around Manzanillo.

Has anyone here seen amblypygids like this before? Anything in the trade? If not, is it possible to introduce them to the hobby (legally and responsibly, before anyone starts to clench), and how much pestering would it take? :}

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is quite possibly the most terrifying arachnid I have ever seen. I wish I had some info on them. that would be a nice display critter.

ZoSoLp510

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Dude, I think you may have captured one of hell's minions!!!!!!!!!! I gotta get me one of those!;P :worship: :drool: :eek:

sammyp

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That is quite possibly the most terrifying arachnid I have ever seen. I wish I had some info on them. that would be a nice display critter.
Agreed! Not sure I'd be able to sleep nights knowing there was one of those in my room.

It does look like it would be very interesting to watch in 'hunting mode' though...

ZoSoLp510

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Agreed! Not sure I'd be able to sleep nights knowing there was one of those in my room.

It does look like it would be very interesting to watch in 'hunting mode' though...
There are some videos on youtube of these things hunting and eating if you want to see. It's pretty cool watching those big spikey arms shoot out. :D

mitchnast

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i would dedicate an octaganal 30 gal tower for a pair of those, with a long peice of sparsely-barked, dried-out desert pine up the middle
they would be my royal familty :)

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
That is the only photo I've seen of one with the red chelae. I wonder if it's a color morph or a distinct specie?

Blaster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, it may be a color morph, but we can't be sure... However, I'd love to get one. *in love* Here's another pic, of a live one, from the same site (pity it's that small :():

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would sleep better knowing one of those was near by,:drool: imagine someone breaks in and see that thing in the house, I bet they beat a hasty retreat!;P :worship: {D

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well Well we do agree on some things eh
Its a scary bug for sure i want one lol

El Johano

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That is the only photo I've seen of one with the red chelae. I wonder if it's a color morph or a distinct specie?
It is freshly moulted. When they harden they get darker....