red knee stays at the top of the cage

cold blood

Staff member
I’ll definitely be looking into getting those ASAP. It’s not that I completely dislike the Coco Fiber but goodness it’s so light.

And thank y’all for the advice!
peat is even lighter....dont over think substrate, its really all personal preference.

Its not really necessary to even pick through the sticks much...thats a natural part of dirt.

Erica Danielle

Arachnosquire
peat is even lighter....dont over think substrate, its really all personal preference.

Its not really necessary to even pick through the sticks much...thats a natural part of dirt.
Okay, awesome! That makes me feel a lot better. I guess after seeing the coco fiber and then seeing the topsoil and all the sticks I was taken aback a tad. Thx again everyone. If I keep asking questions, I’m going to have to start sending out checks. Lol.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Okay, awesome! That makes me feel a lot better. I guess after seeing the coco fiber and then seeing the topsoil and all the sticks I was taken aback a tad. Thx again everyone. If I keep asking questions, I’m going to have to start sending out checks. Lol.
Yes, you can start with sending to me! I'll pm you my adress!😉

I haven’t done anything yet just went ahead and got some of the preferred subs for when I do get my first T... one of these days lol. What do you think about the sticks being in the topsoil? They’re not particularly stiff or sharp, so if some was still in the TS would that be alright in an enclosure?

Sorry about all my questions. By the time I’m finished doing research and asking 1.2 billion questions, I should write a book. Lol.
Sticks? It would only make it look moore natural. But of course, you should not let them "point up" from the substrate

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
need a clear picture of your entire enclosure the short vid doesnt give enough details to offer advice to help you just be aware/ready for some blunt advice if your current set up is bad likethis poster from 2019

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Needs to be in a smaller enclosure, the substrate to enclosure top should be roughly 1.5x diagonal leg span for terrestrials.

Need pics of the enclosure to give recommendations on how to move it safely, if it gets spooked and falls likely it will not survive.

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
I have the same problem I turned off lights and waiting for her to get down plz help
I can’t see anything. It’s very important that the height from the substrate to the top of the enclosure is no more than 1.5 the size of you t. Give your spider time to settle in. They not gonna automatically be settled in. They need time.

Stemmy101

Arachnosquire
I have the same problem I turned off lights and waiting for her to get down plz help
A fall from that height can kill your T. If the lid is mesh, get rid of it -- their feet can get stuck which is a big problem. More substrate, less height, replace the mesh with something else.