Red knee painting

toast4nat

Arachnosquire
Hey, just wanted to share a piece I just started. It's a painting of a b. smithi in guoache. I'll keep posting the progress as I go along. Sorry about the image quality, my phone doesn't have the best camera!

Last edited:

toast4nat

Arachnosquire
Last post for the night: the finished T. Finished painting I'll post tomorrow. Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

xLoydx

Arachnopeon
Good job man, Brilliant work. Also go ahead and paint in those hands.

Keep it up!

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Damn, got some beast skills goin on there! I'm jealous of your hands though... Hardest part of the body to draw >.> IMO XP

toast4nat

Arachnosquire
Finished piece! Took me about 2 hours to do. I'm not super pleased with the coloring of the hands but the T turned out excellent. I was surprised to find a lot more blue in the coloration than I expected, but it might have just been the specific T picture I was using as reference. I used cadmium yellow, naphthol red, ivory black, titanium white, and phthalo blue for all the colors.

Last edited:

toast4nat

Arachnosquire
Any suggestion for the next T I paint? I was thinking a p. metallica because they're just so stunning.

Toogledoo

Arachnoknight
Very cool painting! You should paint an Avicularia Diversipes. Those are my favorite, I love the colors!

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Beautiful! I love your "B. smithi-against-backdrop-of-human-hands" theme!

I vote for GBB next!

p.s. and if you take commissions, I'd like to order a portrait of my B vagans in his best strike pose!

toast4nat

Arachnosquire
I was actually hoping to take commissions but I've never really done that before. I'd have to research how to do it and what would be reasonable to charge, so I'll get back to you!

toast4nat

Arachnosquire
Ooh I love versicolors! That was my first choice in T before I discovered the smithi. I'll definitely put it on my list. I already finished the sketch of the metallica, will begin painting it tonight. :)

toast4nat

Arachnosquire
Here's the p. metallica. Didn't take nearly as long but there's no background. It's a lot cleaner then the other which I like. Fun T to paint. Lost a lot of detail in the scan though :(

Last edited:

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
about time i see someone online who can do hands correctly ;)

I used to be big into painting and drawing in highschool. Great job!

edit: ps, love the watercolors. literally my favorite way to do color.

Last edited: