Red Eyed Croc Skinks have arrived...enclosure setup

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
I ordered my Red Eyed Croc Skinks last week. They were delivered this morning. I am sooo excited! I haven't had these in years.

Got plenty of moss, hiding areas, cover, substrate, water dish, very low wattage light bulb (15watt) for dim lighting all in a 40 gallon tank with locking screen lid.

I will be adding a small waterfall at some point or at least a tub with river stone so they can swim or soak a bit. I'll be getting more pieces of cork bark rounds, cork bark flats on the background and side walls, and other wood like cypress or driftwood for climbing.

I hope they'll be happy.

Update: It seems as though my shipment had some issues from the vendor. Looks like they shipped me 3 Tribolonotus gracilis "Red Eyed Croc Skinks" and the other 3 are what to be believed to be 3 Tribolonotus novaeguineae "White Eyed Croc Skinks". working currently on resolving that issue. Either way they are really cool creatures!

20170405_082348.jpg
2.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Last edited:

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
Very cool. Sucks getting the other species though. They are way to expensive to mess that up. Better tell them to send you another tank as repayment. It would cost you too much to send them back.

picaso7131

Arachnopeon
Thats Great!!! Where did you order them from?? I am looking to get some myself
Are you keeping 5 females to one male?

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Because they are 2 different species, I have to keep the red eyed croc skinks separated from the white eyed croc skinks. The red eye croc skinks are 1 male to 2 female ratio. The 3 white eyed croc skinks are all female... no male :(

I ordered them all from LLLReptile. I think they may be sold out but there are several other vendors/online dealers that have them.