Red Eared Sliders...urgent Help Needed!

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sooo... let me get this straight: you are willing to let them die, but not willing to take the time to find out the exact legality of turtle ownership where you live. Call around and find a vet that's willing to help. Some of those in that profession actually care more about living things more than having you fined, although that may not be uncalled for, in your case.
Put yourself in their place, someone has locked you in their house, doesn't know what you eat, and has essentially decided that you are going to starve to death because they want to avoid "a little explaining to do".
You seem like nice people.
well...considering i said " they are illegal in tennessee" youd think ive got a pretty good grasp on what the legalities are over turtle ownership wouldnt you?

also...i KNOW what they eat...if you would have read a little more into the post you would have seen that ive offered them everything they could want and more.

and as far as a vet goes...how many vets do you know of that are going to be better at fixing a turtle than someone who has 40+ years and breeding, raising, importing, etc. etc. of turtles...turtles arent exactly something that most vets study up on a whole lot considering it would encompass about
.00001% of their total clientel. i didnt ask for your opinion on what kind of person i am...or whether you approved of my decisions...i asked for help...if you arent contributing that then dont waste my time...or yours typing for that matter.

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
now....as far as the ORRIGINAL POST goes....these little guys seem like they are going to make it...i put in live baby rosy reds in there and they are FINALLY eating. they arent eating anything else as of yet...but at least they have started to make some good progress. thank you to everyone who helped out. i really appreciate it!