red claw any good

wonderwes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i have been thinking about geting a red claw .what should its terrium set up be like ...also is it a very interesting scrop i am looking for something active i dont care how agressive it is + whats the scientific name for red claw

BadBikaDamo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Pandinus cavimnus, setup is the same as most pandinus scorps, fairly aggresive, very handsome.

Good luck, if you can find one, buy it. (Don't think I would keep 2 together though, just in case).

Damo

Brandelmouche

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The usual name "red claw" are P.cavimanus but some time P.viatoris.

They care like P.Imperator.;)

wonderwes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i have two emperors plz tell me they are more intresing than they are

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My P. cavimanus happens to be pretty active. He mosies about around sunset. When a feed him, he runs full speed towards those crickets {D This species was my first to ever own and I love them.

wonderwes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
sorry about my grammer.i just graduated and thats the last thing i realy care about.hey can any one tell me why my emps seem unhappy , they always want out but i keep the room 85. and i mist it about 3 times a day.

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
...because they don't like to be misted directly on their bodies. They're also wild animals and tend to explore their surroundings.

wonderwes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i dont mist directly on their bodies i mist the tank when their hideing.see i was told that if the try climbing up the walls then your not makeing the enviorment suitable enough for them

Rosenkreuz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i dont mist directly on their bodies i mist the tank when their hideing.see i was told that if the try climbing up the walls then your not makeing the enviorment suitable enough for them
They climb up the walls because a scorpion doesn't have the concept of a 'tank'. As far as it's concerned, it's environment extends on and on. It doesn't understand there's a piece of glass that prevents it from going very far when it tries to explore.

I look at it this way. If the scorpion spends all it's time in it's burrow, it's probably trying to find the right temp/humidity. If they wander around alot, it means the area outside it's burrow is comfortable for it.

Last edited:

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have 2 specimens, P. cavimanus in separate containers. They spend most of their time in the burrow. I'm lucky if I get to see them more than once a month.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have 2 specimens, P. cavimanus in separate containers. They spend most of their time in the burrow. I'm lucky if I get to see them more than once a month.
yup, i have a male that never comes out of his burrow,only sometimes at night,when i happen to peek in his container, still they are great scorps:clap:

tenga

Arachnopeon
so they are burrowers? i also have 2 specimens but i put them together in one enclosure mine do not burrow but always in their hides...

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
so they are burrowers? i also have 2 specimens but i put them together in one enclosure mine do not burrow but always in their hides...
My specimens are obligate burrowers. The bury everything including waterdish and hide.