Recording video of tarantula for youtube

JPG

Auto-Disclaimer Enabled
Sorry to post one right after another, but I had question not related to the photography but rather about filming. I've noticed my x-t100 mirrorless has horrible video recording ability and was thinking of selling it and buy something like cannon m50 or lumix g100. But instead of selling my newly bought camera I decided to look for a camcorder or any other device that is dedicated for recording videos. I've looked at bunch of camcorders but it seems they are quite outdated these days. Is there any good options for capturing videos of tarantula with details without spending $500?

Last edited:

8 legged

Arachnoprince
No joke, you can record great videos with a decent smartphone. Otherwise, $ 500 isn't a lot of money for a good camera - so you won't find anything decent below that. Usually the macro lens alone costs more.
Used cameras also serve their purpose!

JPG

Auto-Disclaimer Enabled
I actually am using my Galaxy s9 for one camera. Was hoping to use my x-t100 as a secondary, but that's no longer an option :(

Edit: I think i'm leaning toward one of the GoPro Hero series, possibly 7 or 8 as I also am planning to film bunch of things in my off-grid property.

Last edited:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sorry to post one right after another, but I had question not related to the photography but rather about filming. I've noticed my x-t100 mirrorless has horrible video recording ability and was thinking of selling it and buy something like cannon m50 or lumix g100. But instead of selling my newly bought camera I decided to look for a camcorder or any other device that is dedicated for recording videos. I've looked at bunch of camcorders but it seems they are quite outdated these days. Is there any good options for capturing videos of tarantula with details without spending $500?
Many people use video cameras- outdated how?

basin79

ArachnoGod
I just use my phone. Easy to hold, small enough to get in, has a built in flash. Then it's simply straight to a quick edit and upload.

Granted the vids won't look as good as those who use a proper camera but I like the simplicity and ease of use.

JPG

Auto-Disclaimer Enabled
Many people use video cameras- outdated how?
Sorry what I meant was that there aren't as many options for the lower end camcorders these days compare to what it used to be in lets say the 90s.

RoachCoach

Arachnodemon
For basic recording most smartphones have more than enough gear to get decent video. If you are diving into macro then you need a pricey lens. It will last you a lifetime(seriously) vs your phone which is 5 years max. A lens is an investment though. Camera bodies come and go. Lenses are forever. Que De Beers song.