Recommended enclosure type and size for 2" Harpactira pulchripes

aphono

Arachnobaron
Tried to use the search without real success, the results also show results for G. pulchripes, ha..

What's the size recommendation for 2" H. pulchripes? Terrestrial or burrower(if this, how much substrate) enclosure?

aphono

Arachnobaron
I was actually thinking of those but really tempted to use Hobby Lobby display boxes or clear shoebox/hobby/AMAC type of containers as I'm quite excited and would love a clearer view.

I'm not sure if they will appreciate a deep one with lots substrate or shallower/wider as for many terrestrials?

p.s. I actually have a few RUBs because of EulersK(thanks btw!) and they are the nicest containers of that type.. so nice they don't snap like others do.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
RUBs are good choice of container. Cheap and secure. As it is a sling one that is on the smaller side will do perfectly. I would go for a box shape 5x5x5 inches. They grow pretty quick so it should do nicely. Then you can get a clearer one when adult colours come through for gazing at it ;)

These are burrowers but manage well with more shallow burrows compared to most other baboon species. Give it a good amount of sub. Stick a piece of cork bark in the middle for it to excavate under/around and provide a water dish.

Welcome to Harpactira. You wont regret it. :)

Last edited:

aphono

Arachnobaron
RUBs are good choice of container. Cheap and secure. As it is a sling one that is on the smaller side will do perfectly. I would go for a box shape 5x5x5 inches. They grow pretty quick so it should do nicely. Then you can get a clearer one when adult colours cone through for gazing at it ;)

These are burrowers but manage well with more shallow burrows compared to most other baboon species. Give it a good amount of sub. Stick a piece of cork bark in the middle for it to excavate under/around and provide a water dish.

Welcome to Harpactira. You wont regret it. :)

Thank you, thank you! Just what I needed to know and thanks for the introduction.

Excellent advise on container and setup but loved the part about gazing at it, ha!

Nanchantress

ArachnoFriend
Old Timer
I've been trying to figure out what a RUB is... Can someone post a picture? Been searching for 15 minutes :dead:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've been trying to figure out what a RUB is... Can someone post a picture? Been searching for 15 minutes :dead:
You should have put "RUB tarantula" into a google search field, you would have seen the first link is from AB.:rolleyes::cool:

aphono

Arachnobaron
You should have put "RUB tarantula" into a google search field, you would have seen the first link is from AB.:rolleyes::cool:
Well.... have to admit that does not seem like "child safe" search term... At all.. :eek::angelic::rofl: