Arachnopeon
G. iheringi

A. seemanni (Blue Form)

Brachypelma spp.
View media item 62315 View media item 61426
A. geniculata

Aviculariinae
View media item 60214

This, Theraphosinae sp. "Colombia" can't become readily available soon enough.
Those photos look incredible! Especially the Avicularia and Caribena photos, the G. Iheringi, and the A. Seemanni. The Caribena and Avicularia are definitely species I'm looking for and if I can find any G. Iheringi and A. Seemanni blue form I wouldn't pass up on those either.

stuffnstuff

Arachnopeon
I'd recommend L. parahybana, C. cyaneopubescens, Brachypelma species hamorii, emilia, baumgarteni. Also C. versicolor but they're more fragile as small slings I'd get one 1" or bigger and make sure to give extra ventilation.
Those photos of the C. Versicolor have definitely pushed me to getting one as my next T. Thanks for the advice, I heard there was a problem with C. Versicolors suddenly dying.

stuffnstuff

Arachnopeon
P. sazimai can be beginner friendly as long as you're okay dealing with a slightly skittish T. But most Brachypelma spp are absolutely stunning color wise post molt. Avicularia spp also come to mind when talking about beautiful beginner Ts. But in my opinion, the T that you want to get, the GBB, is the path to go if you want a beautiful T
Yea the P. Sazimai was actually what I wanted before the GBB but their skittish nature was a little off-putting as this will be my second tarantula, but in the future, it is a tarantula that I would most definitely look for, when I'm a little more experienced.

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
Those photos of the C. Versicolor have definitely pushed me to getting one as my next T. Thanks for the advice, I heard there was a problem with C. Versicolors suddenly dying.
I've heard from some experienced T keepers that even they have trouble keeping them alive. I got a 1" sling that I raised up as my third T and had no problems, I just got 5 1/4" slings a week or so ago though so we'll see how it goes. Give a lot of ventilation on the sides, stuffy enclosures are a deathtrap for the species.

stuffnstuff

Arachnopeon
Pamphobeteus males are all strikingly colourful and the females are still impressive in their own right. Yes, they are more skittish, but definitely manageable for a proper minded beginner. But I understand if you aren’t ready for a big potentially nervous ‘birdeater’. Just wanted to put it out there.
I have never seen a purple T before, Pamphobeteus look amazing. Similarly to the Sazimai, the skittish nature is a little off-putting but hopefully when I am a little more experienced I can have that beautiful Tarantula.

stuffnstuff

Arachnopeon
I've heard from some experienced T keepers that even they have trouble keeping them alive. I got a 1" sling that I raised up as my third T and had no problems, I just got 5 1/4" slings a week or so ago though so we'll see how it goes. Give a lot of ventilation on the sides, stuffy enclosures are a deathtrap for the species.
Ah, I see, ventilation is key. Also, where did you happen to buy 5 1/4 in C. Versicolor slings, everywhere I've looked online from JamiesTarantulas to PinchersAndPokies to FearNotTarantulas has them listed for $40 or more.

NukaMedia Exotics

Ah, I see, ventilation is key. Also, where did you happen to buy 5 1/4 in C. Versicolor slings, everywhere I've looked online from JamiesTarantulas to PinchersAndPokies to FearNotTarantulas has them listed for $40 or more.
Personal friend lol :smug: Little over half that price each, I'd give you the contact but I took all he had for the moment. $30-40 is usually market price for these guys.

These are the things you can look forward to being intrenched in the hobby for a couple years and communicating with some other hobbyists haha.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I heard there was a problem with C. Versicolors suddenly dying.
Only if you follow outdated care-sheets that tell you to keep them in moist/stuffy death-traps, keep them mostly dry and with good ventilation and they thrive, the only Aviculariinae I've lost in over 3 years of keeping were 2 slings to bad moults and a WC juvenile that had nematodes.

stuffnstuff

Arachnopeon
Personal friend lol :smug: Little over half that price each, I'd give you the contact but I took all he had for the moment. $30-40 is usually market price for these guys.

These are the things you can look forward to being intrenched in the hobby for a couple years and communicating with some other hobbyists haha.
Only if you follow outdated care-sheets that tell you to keep them in moist/stuffy death-traps, keep them mostly dry and with good ventilation and they thrive, the only Aviculariinae I've lost in over 3 years of keeping were 2 slings to bad moults and a WC juvenile that had nematodes.
Thanks for the advice! How often would I have to wet the enclosure of a sling?

NukaMedia Exotics

Thanks for the advice! How often would I have to wet the enclosure of a sling?
They do well in a 32oz. tall deli cup until they're about 3"-3.5" in legspan. I added a photo of my enclosures, spray the spaghnum moss or that area at least once a week or so.
4OyPtn%sQwqTqtraruH86Q.jpg

NukaMedia Exotics

Thanks for the photo, I see what you mean about the ventilation and the spraying.
No problem, yea just don't overdo it with the misting because the stuffiness seems to be what kills them off. If the T is bigger than a water bottle cap you can add one in to use as a water dish, or a bigger one for a bigger spider. At 2"+ the misting becomes not very necessary and just keeping a full waterdish works.

Theneil

Arachnoprince
This, Theraphosinae sp. "Colombia" can't become readily available soon enough.
I am anxiously awaiting my slings to arrive. :D:D:D

EDIT: Never mind. I mixed in my head T. sp cusco and P. sp colombia. And bow i want T sp columbia too...:banghead::banghead::banghead:

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
If the T is bigger than a water bottle cap you can add one in to use as a water dish
They can have a bottle cap water dish at 2i, they aren't going to drown, they don't even break the surface tension of the water.

StormyMyth729

Arachnosquire
Yea, they seem to be quite rare lol
They are. Aaaand from what I have read, imported ones are always female. I have a female and a friend of mine has three rhat are unsexed and we're really hoping there's a male or two in there lol

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Thanks for the photos! I didn't know C. Versicolors were that multicolored, that is probably right at the top of my list now.
Just make sure your husbandry is spot on. Like others have said, ventilation is the key to successfully raising Avicularia and their relatives like Caribena and Ybyrapora.

Read this thread (it has a great section on Avic care): http://arachnoboards.com/threads/tarantula-information-for-beginners-and-more.318718/ and watch this video:

Kitara

Arachnodemon
Thanks for the photos! I didn't know C. Versicolors were that multicolored, that is probably right at the top of my list now.
Meeeeee too! I'm just not confident yet. I'm going to a reptile show next month though and if they have one I'm getting it.