Recommendations for an Avic. (not versicolor)

Ultimate Instar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm in the mood for buying more Ts. O.K., I'm always in the mood for getting more Ts. I'm trying to decide which Avics to look for. I already have two versicolors, so I'm trying to decide about A. minatrix, A. metallica, A. bicegoi, A. geroldi, and A. purpurea. It's very tough to decide on the basis of photos since the iridescence is so hard to capture. Which ones do you guys like the best? Or should I try to get all of them? :)

Karen N.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Personally, my #1 choice would be minatrix, if you can find them. You know anyone who has them in stock?
Second choice would be purpurea. I'd get both actually. :)

Atrax

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Ultimate Instar
I'm in the mood for buying more Ts. O.K., I'm always in the mood for getting more Ts. I'm trying to decide which Avics to look for. I already have two versicolors, so I'm trying to decide about A. minatrix, A. metallica, A. bicegoi, A. geroldi, and A. purpurea. It's very tough to decide on the basis of photos since the iridescence is so hard to capture. Which ones do you guys like the best? Or should I try to get all of them? :)

Karen N.
I say go for the minatrix. Take a look at the following avic. It's not in the hobby yet...It can be found on Rick West's Site:

http://birdspiders.com/archive/3/2001.htm

Big Dragonfly

Last edited:

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Guys and Gals,

If you don't hold the copyright to a photo, please post a link to the site that has it as opposed to attaching it to the post. This way, people will still get to see it and we don't have any copyright infringement issues.

Thanks,

Scott
He Who Rules

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

i would get an Avicularia metallica, beutiful, calm, and docile specie, you can get one at here

James