Recommend a Roach Species

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
So, I have 9 tarantulas over 6" at the moment (with 2-3 that will probably cross that point next molt), and while my lateralis colony can support them, I'd like to explore some larger feeder options. I have a small colony of hissers getting started, but they're less than ideal due to their strength, slow reproductive rates, and ability to climb smooth surfaces. The tried, true, and logical species would be dubia, but with the proliferation of the roach hobby I've seen, I was wondering if there was a better option lurking somewhere in the hobby fringe. Does anyone know of a species that would fit the following parameters?

• Max adult size in line with dubias or a bit larger.
  • Little to no burrowing tendencies
  • Can't climb glass or other smooth surfaces.
  • Easily bred and prolific enough to be self sustaining with the removal of a dozen or less a week without needing a 1500 animal colony.

birdonfire

Arachnosquire
Most Blaberus and Eublaberus are used as feeders, but they burrow. Climbers climb and the ones that don't burrow.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
The problem is that most roaches that breed quickly enough at that size have burrowing nymphs/adults. I think the various Gromphadorhina and Elliptorhina are the only large-bodied roaches that don't burrow in nearly any circumstances, but they climb well.
Blaberus nymphs and subadults, as they get larger, tend to hang out on upright bark and such but they can and will shoot under the substrate when adequately threatened. I know Simandoa conserfariam breed quickly and look nice but again, the burrowing is a problem. Periplaneta sp. might work but they also climb.

Thanks,

Arthroverts