Recommend a Roach! (2)

Nick12007

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I saw the previous thread on this and I have the same question. I'm raising all sorts of things, scorpions (10 C. vittatus, 2 H. spinifer, 3 M. martensii), 2 widows, 3 T's (A. geniculata, C. fasciatum, and L. parahybana), a vinegaroon, and a hedgehog. I'd be looking for anything that was successful at breeding quickly enough to supply everyone, and I wouldn't mind if it's nice to look at also, heh. It doesn't matter if it's too fast at breeding either, since the hedgehog enjoys any leftovers!
I've been looking at blaberus.com, but there are so many to choose from that I'd just like some personal experiences to guide me.
Thanks!

Takumaku

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Blatta lateralis would fit your needs. It's a nuisance/possible pest specie here, but I think the NY winters will keep it in its place.

Else, B. dubia, B. fumigata, B. discoidalis, or E. prosticus would fit your need. E. prosticus (orange heads) is fastest reproducer of the four mentioned, but not by much. For these, check around and see who can give you the better deal on the quantity you want.

Herp13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Actually, it's E. posticus, not prosticus. But discoidalis seems to be a good choice, most everyone claims they keep on running around in the cage rather than burrow.

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Out of all the roaches i keep dubia are the fastest breeders and growers!
That would be my suggestion.
~Samuel