recognition of the scorpion

Vidaro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
im preety bad at this but first is heterometrus sp. thinking heterometrus spinifer

and the 2nd one looks like pandinus sp. but i dont have a clue wich one.

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hm, not sure of the first one, just cancel out laoticus.
I'd need a close up shot of the carapace.

The second one I would say is a Heterometrus laoticus because it could be me, but i don't see any granulation on the carapace. The second picture of it shows what looks like granulation but if that is the case then it could be petersii. So if you could get really close up shots of the carapace that would help. It for certain isn't a longimanus though. Did it just molt? because the color is sweet.

I also found this site quite useful:

http://www.mtsociety.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=364;sa=showPosts

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hey can u get a close up side view as well? I think we lost the granulation pattern on the overview pics.

Sunset

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
them first pic looks like a emp, they are usely black and when you shine a light on it its black/blue

signinsimple

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't know but I really want that #2 species if that coloration is their permanent color (I had an H Longimanus shipped to me that had that coloration, but it appeared to only be the temproary coloration after a molt until his exoskeleton hardened and turned the normal black/blue color). I love that color scorp.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I don't know why nobody's said it, but the second one is obviously a Pandinus cavimanus.

First one, definitley an Heterometrus sp., and a male at that.

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sorry, but the second one is definitely not a Pandinus cavimanus
It's a Heterometrus species.

calum

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah, the first one is definetly a Het. species.

but the second one.. I think it's a pandinus sp.. but it looks different in the first two pics from the last one.

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have one that looks exactly like it and also a P. cavi...they definitely do not look the same. The pedipalps tell it all.

darkavenger

Arachnopeon
the first is most definetely Heterometrus spinifer or Heterometrus longimanus the second looks like either a Heterometrus or pandinus or possibly even a mix between the two. and it is nearly impossible to be 100% sure of sex without a ventral view to see the combs