Recent spider pairings

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Xenesthis immanis:
He was a bit lame with my last girl and we ended up with 8 slings from the pairing (they're still first instars).
He seems to like this girl a bit more as he charged her as soon as I placed him in her enclosure.

Ceratogyrus darlingi:
This little guy knew what to do. He's so little his first attempts were thwarted by her literally throwing him from her cage. He landed about 30 cm from her cage!

Grammostola pulchripes:

Theraphosa stirmi:
We've had eggsacs for the last 4 years (only the last two years have we successfully hatched the slings) so hopefully these guys are working to keep the streak going. Most the action happened in her hide, but you get the idea.

Haplopelma longipes:
These are the blue longipes. I'm hoping something comes from this.

Psalmopoeus irminia:
This little guy was a bit overzealous and ended up throwing her from the wall on to the bedding below. They both survived without injury.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Good luck with the longipes!My female just made a sack here recently..Don't think there to difficult to breed.Hey do you have any plans for that immanis male when your done or will be staying there?
-Chris

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good luck with the longipes!My female just made a sack here recently..Don't think there to difficult to breed.Hey do you have any plans for that immanis male when your done or will be staying there?
-Chris
He's actually an old male that surprised me when he made a sperm web. I figured he was on his way out until that point. He is on loan so I don't have much say in his future plans.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Awsome work as per usual Jmug!.....lookin to pair up my G. pulchripes aswell, as soon as the male loads his gunz!

Any tips for these guys??.

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Awsome work as per usual Jmug!.....lookin to pair up my G. pulchripes aswell, as soon as the male loads his gunz!

Any tips for these guys??.
If the male is ready to go he'll start shaking. Female Grammostola seem to be a bit more aggressive (there's that word everyone hates!) toward the males. Sometimes they'll drum back. Sometimes they won't. They usually approach each other and when she rears up he hurries in, hooks her, and does his thing. Typically if one doesn't behave in this manner I take the male out and try again later.