Phlogius sp. "Aussie Goliath"

Poecilotheria fasciata

Poecilotheria fasciata

Poecilotheria fasciata

Psalmopoeus irminia

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Took the words out of my mouth........Fingers crossed on that one for sure,we need more of them in the hobby.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Same with the klaasi's and Aussie goliaths, good stuff man!

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes jmug...good luck with the tripepii's...im gettina chance with these guys in the near future, jus waiting for a male to mature...im thinkin, he has at least 2 more molts.....

have you had success with them in the past?

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes jmug...good luck with the tripepii's...im gettina chance with these guys in the near future, jus waiting for a male to mature...im thinkin, he has at least 2 more molts.....

have you had success with them in the past?
This is my first time with N. tripepii though Nhandu seem to be fairly simple. We did N. chromatus (x2) and N. carapoensis within the last year and so far N. tripepii seems very similar as expected.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
All the research I have read seems to say the opposite. Not doubting you at all,but I know a few different people that have failed miserably with these guys.Apparently pairing is not the issue,getting them to actually drop the eggs is.I have sold 5 different mature males,and so far the new owners have had no luck.If you do have success,PLEASE post a DETAILED breeding report,PLEASE.( Not just time frames between pairing and sack production,but temps, flooding,cooling,etc.) We need all the info we can get regarding the breeding of these suckers.

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
All the research I have read seems to say the opposite. Not doubting you at all,but I know a few different people that have failed miserably with these guys.Apparently pairing is not the issue,getting them to actually drop the eggs is.I have sold 5 different mature males,and so far the new owners have had no luck.If you do have success,PLEASE post a DETAILED breeding report,PLEASE.( Not just time frames between pairing and sack production,but temps, flooding,cooling,etc.) We need all the info we can get regarding the breeding of these suckers.
No worries. Doubting is fine. I haven't produced them yet so I cannot provide much evidence to support my view and doubting brings up questions that we can investigate further. I don't typically post much past the dates just because I don't do anything that special. I don't flood, cool, dry, etc. any species. Just keep them under "optimal" conditions year round and they seem to produce year round.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am just really excited to see you working with these,so bear with me.Best of luck with them,I am not into terrestrials but these are just such amazing spiders and so hard to come by that it has really piqued my interest.

roaddog

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
We paired our N. tripepii last week with a good insertion. As you know Brett she was the one that molted prematurely after being so fat and gravid. I wish us both luck! We are going to try to get another insertion just to hedge our bets. If yours and my male both make it, I am up for trading out males if you like? I will PM you some data for a member that was semi successful. I will send it to you too Brett.