Received Wrong Spider!

Craig73

Arachnoangel
I’m not following his logic, it’s not clear why he didn’t send you a Grammostola pulchra, and thinks he sent you a Nhandu chromatus not an Avicularia purpurea? Either of those would atill be the wrong species
Got a DM going with @PhoenixFyre I know the vendor (as a customer) and going to see if I can help resolve. Either way the OP will get a pulchra if it’s from them or me ❤

I will say I‘ve met them in person and my many experiences are not the same. That in no way invalidates the OP’s experience, but me being me wants to see the OP get what they wanted and if that means gifting a T I’m all for it.

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Got a DM going with @PhoenixFyre I know the vendor (as a customer) and going to see if I can help resolve. Either way the OP will get a pulchra if it’s from them or me ❤

I will say I‘ve met them in person and my many experiences are not the same. That in no way invalidates the OP’s experience, but me being me wants to see the OP get what they wanted and if that means gifting a T I’m all for it.
You my friend have honor. You have my respect.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
You my friend have honor. You have my respect.
I hate seeing conflict. By nature I’m just a nurturing and generous soul.

I won’t be providing any additional updates, not my experience to share. 🙂….

But you know I’ll still crack a joke or two in bad taste. 😂

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
I hate seeing conflict. By nature I’m just a nurturing and generous soul.

I won’t be providing any additional updates, not my experience to share. 🙂….

But you know I’ll still crack a joke or two in bad taste. 😂
We need more humor.

Laughing heals all.

Hello PhoenixFyre - I had an opportunity to connect with Diego to understand what happened.

First and foremost - I do apologize that he didn’t appear kind and made you feel less than. While I know that is never his intention, that isn’t an excuse for impact. He was trying to make the best of a mistake and it did not go over well.

I am a stickler about vials and plastics in general. I always have them reused because of how bad plastic is for the environment. The vial should have been relabeled as is our usual practice. I have overlooked a vial or 2 in the past - sometimes we miss one when we are packing hundreds of spiders for all of the orders. Bottom line - it should have been relabeled.

I strictly manage the in person expos and transactions nowadays while Diego manages online sales. But if you happen to live near any of the upcoming expos (Pleasanton and Pomona are this month) please don’t hesitate to stop by our booth and pick up a welcome gift to the hobby.

I’m glad you did get the correct spider in the end and I have explicitly requested that Diego apologize for the misplaced humor. I hope you enjoy your new baby.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Hello PhoenixFyre - I had an opportunity to connect with Diego to understand what happened.

First and foremost - I do apologize that he didn’t appear kind and made you feel less than. While I know that is never his intention, that isn’t an excuse for impact. He was trying to make the best of a mistake and it did not go over well.

I am a stickler about vials and plastics in general. I always have them reused because of how bad plastic is for the environment. The vial should have been relabeled as is our usual practice. I have overlooked a vial or 2 in the past - sometimes we miss one when we are packing hundreds of spiders for all of the orders. Bottom line - it should have been relabeled.

I strictly manage the in person expos and transactions nowadays while Diego manages online sales. But if you happen to live near any of the upcoming expos (Pleasanton and Pomona are this month) please don’t hesitate to stop by our booth and pick up a welcome gift to the hobby.

I’m glad you did get the correct spider in the end and I have explicitly requested that Diego apologize for the misplaced humor. I hope you enjoy your new baby.
Much respect for the both of you. ❤

Today I pissed HR off, awkward when you also work in HR. 😳

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm so pissed I could spit fire right now!

A while back I ordered a G. pulchra 2.5" which I've waited quite a while to receive because of the weather.

Anyway, I was due to receive her today, it was late, but about 10 minutes ago, the box was delivered.

I open the box and instead of a G. pulchra, I have an Avi. purpurea!!!

I don't know ANYTHING about this spider!!!! Seriously! NOTHING!

So I texted the seller and have yet to hear back.

Good grief...
Quality species! Generally slow growing, but males can mature in about 1.5-2 yr IME

8 legged

Arachnoprince
I wouldn't be too upset about that. It can just happen. In contrast to other breeders, I have a very small range and it even happened to me. If you make several packages and still have a helper, you can mix up something. In my case, however, this is an advantage for the child. The customer can keep what I send incorrectly and of course gets what he has ordered... Give the polluter another chance to justify himself.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
hope you do! They aren’t the slowest growing Avic IME but close.
Which one is? It’s been glacial, I’ve counted 30 more gray hairs on my head and mind you I’ve been gray since 18…truth.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
sp Kwitara River IME
Agree. Another slow grower. Mine is in premolt now and a snitch above 2” in maybe 1.5 years or so. I would say one of my most laid back avics I have. The A. minatix seemed to grow the fastest even though it’s the smallest of the bunch, not that means anything.

I started with avics so they will always have a special place in my heart.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Agree. Another slow grower. Mine is in premolt now and a snitch above 2” in maybe 1.5 years or so. I would say one of my most laid back avics I have. The A. minatix seemed to grow the fastest even though it’s the smallest of the bunch, not that means anything.

I started with avics so they will always have a special place in my heart.
I have an AF minatrix, my first minatrix as a sling, so one and done there. IME they are second to versi in terms of growth rate and feeding response/eating. I bought them because they keep the striping into adulthood unlike other Avics, and it was my first small T. They can be quite fast.

Last edited:

Patherophis

Arachnobaron
This thread is quite confusing, can others help me out?
- So OP got the right spider, juvie pulchra + chromatus sling as freebie. The pulchra was packed in vial with old purpurea label, chromatus without label ?
- OP freaked out because of purpurea label, without realising 2,5 inch spider inside is the right one ?
- OP get offended when told by seller that they should have been able to recognise juvie grammostola and tell it apart from avic ?
Do I get it right?

Elyse71

Arachnopeon
This thread is quite confusing, can others help me out?
- So OP got the right spider, juvie pulchra + chromatus sling as freebie. The pulchra was packed in vial with old purpurea label, chromatus without label ?
- OP freaked out because of purpurea label, without realising 2,5 inch spider inside is the right one ?
- OP get offended when told by seller that they should have been able to recognise juvie grammostola and tell it apart from avic ?
Do I get it right?
That's how I'm reading it.

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
I still don't get it. The way i understand it the OP got a Nhandu chromatus labled as an A. purpurea? All of it was a mistake, including some misplaced humour and it has been resolved in the background already?

Craig73

Arachnoangel
I still don't get it. The way i understand it the OP got a Nhandu chromatus labled as an A. purpurea? All of it was a mistake, including some misplaced humour and it has been resolved in the background already?
Resolved. The short of it below. All squared away and everyone is good, just a misunderstanding/communication between the parties involved. 🙂

OP ordered one T (2.5” G Pulchra) and it was shipped in a reused container with the previous T labeled on it; goes back to being environmentally friendly and OP‘s first T so they were confused.

OP also received a freebie which was labeled with the correct name, a .33” Nhandu Chromatus.

Hopefully we will see the OP in other threads posting pictures, learning more and sharing the journey to come. 👍