reccomend me a scorp

GIMpy12

Arachnopeon
well I am new to the whole world or scorpions and i have a deep respect for them. But anyways I am looking for a scorpion and I am wondering what species has the traits I am looking for.

Burrowing
Pull there pray into there burrow
Able to live in a community
Sting more them pinch
I am not worried about toxicity but id rather it not be deadly.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Pandinus imperator, the Emperor Scorpion seems the best to me that fit your desires there. Yeah, common in the pet stores but that doesn't make them any less cool if you ask me. They do pinch more than sting but they will sting bigger, scrappy prey that's giving them a hard time. They rock!

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Pandinus imperator, the Emperor Scorpion seems the best to me that fit your desires there. Yeah, common in the pet stores but that doesn't make them any less cool if you ask me. They do pinch more than sting but they will sting bigger, scrappy prey that's giving them a hard time. They rock!
Agreeing with this! especially for a starter scorp.

Jaffster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
http://www.youtube.com/user/thesupermonkey

Take a look at his video's. That's a Pandinus Imperator (Emperor scorpion). They are probably the largest and bulky looking scorpion available and at full size will take prey like mice etc.

I'm yet to see mine use her stinger but the biggest prey she's ever come up against is a locust :(

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have a couple of big Emperors. I don't feed mice to arthropods. BUT, I bought a couple of what are called "jumbo" mice in the pet stores for some snakes I have that I'm trying to get to eat. I put a mouse in with the Emperor to see if the Emperor was going to pinch in defense or pinch to eat. It pinched to eat! and I had to separate the two. Wasteful and too slow a dead for me to feed a full grown mouse to a scorpion though. A snake finally got the mouse.

Lennie Collins

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Flat Rock

:) I would go with a flat rock.
well I am new to the whole world or scorpions and i have a deep respect for them. But anyways I am looking for a scorpion and I am wondering what species has the traits I am looking for.

Burrowing
Pull there pray into there burrow
Able to live in a community
Sting more them pinch
I am not worried about toxicity but id rather it not be deadly.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
they dont burrow, they dont's sting, they eat where they catch their food. Don't see how this meets the standards

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I was say Pandinus imperator as well or maybe Opistophthalmus spp if you can find them.

Rigelus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'd say change your criteria....;)
Both emps and Opistophthalmus spp are about as exciting as a political broadcast once they've settled in as they both share the common property of being very reclusive...Opistophthalmus spp maybe a little more so..

I'd be interested in hearing why you specifically specify a burrowing scorpion.?Most all scorpions are reasonably reclusive but burrowers definitely top the charts

Uroctonus

Arachnopeon
Pandinus meet most of the criteria with the exception of the stinging prey. They rarely use their venom, and mostly just pinch. Pretty docile, and easy to care for though

MEXICOYA415

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What about H. spinifer, laoticus or longimanus. Theyr'e a bit more aggresive and prone to sting prey.

chaoshybrid6

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How bout a Hadrurus sp.? they sting fairly often, burrows quite a bit, and from what I've seen with mine it eats in its burrow. The only thing is that they arent communal...