Recapture stories?

JakeLeg

Arachnopeon
What are the best recapture stories out there? Whats the longest you had a T lost? The strangest place it showed up? Dead or Alive? Anyone get scared?

______
My first T was a B. Smithi... A few years back (like 20!) my little brother who was about 9 at the time thought it would be nice to give hersome air. So he moved the cage out back and cracked the lid (even though it was wire!)... Well lets just say when I got home she was gone. I was pissed.

We had a huge backyard and as I looked out over the lawn I was sure I would never find her again. Then in the middle of the yard I saw my brothers baseball mit... Nothing else in the grass but this mit. I kinda smiled thinking what are the odds?

Sure enough I opened up the mit and there she was. I got very lucky. I often thought I should have let him put that mit on...

JColt

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Even older story! about 34 years ago I had a tblondi that was huge. Cant tell you the size for sure, I was 12 then and it was huge, lol. Anyway he or she was missing for almost 2 months. I never told my parents of course. Anyway I got home from school to find my siamese cat sitting on a table, staring at a picture on the wall and making this god awful yowl. I asked him "whats your problem? (like he was gonna answer) and went into my room. I was changing into play cloths when it dawned on me what he was yowling about. Ran into front room in my underwear, looked behind picture and that dude took off! It ran under coffee table. Went and got big ice tea jug and moved table. I caught him as he was hauling butt across floor with cat right after him! I was shaking like a leaf, lol. Dont know how old he was but he lived another 5 yrs or so after.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
mine was about 20yrs ago,had a male curlyhair he escaped from the KK toplid wasn't snaped shut completely:wall: soo he took off it's been about only 3days and when i went to get my car keys out of the drawer there he was sitting there just hanging out.i laughed.

pinkfoot

Arachnolord
Old Timer
The first T that I ever received from the Chairman of our Spider Club escaped after two days! I was mortified, but eventually gave up and informed him. :eek:
Over a month later it strolled across our range - downstairs! - floor where my screaming daughter found it!

She's alive and well, I'm pleased to say - spider's OK too!

JakeLeg

Arachnopeon
The Cat in hot pursuit!!!

That is a crack up!

Even older story! about 34 years ago I had a tblondi that was huge. Cant tell you the size for sure, I was 12 then and it was huge, lol. Anyway he or she was missing for almost 2 months. I never told my parents of course. Anyway I got home from school to find my siamese cat sitting on a table, staring at a picture on the wall and making this god awful yowl. I asked him "whats your problem? (like he was gonna answer) and went into my room. I was changing into play cloths when it dawned on me what he was yowling about. Ran into front room in my underwear, looked behind picture and that dude took off! It ran under coffee table. Went and got big ice tea jug and moved table. I caught him as he was hauling butt across floor with cat right after him! I was shaking like a leaf, lol. Dont know how old he was but he lived another 5 yrs or so after.

JakeLeg

Arachnopeon
In the drawer?

That means he must have crawled up inside to get in the drawer...

mine was about 20yrs ago,had a male curlyhair he escaped from the KK toplid wasn't snaped shut completely:wall: soo he took off it's been about only 3days and when i went to get my car keys out of the drawer there he was sitting there just hanging out.i laughed.

ZooRex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So, far none of my inverts have escaped. Yet I love how when ever something does get out, I usually don't know about it till I see something slithering behind the fridge. ~ Rex

IdahoBiteyThing

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hopeful

I needed this thread today; discovered one of my slings (B. albopilosum) was missing from his deli container (looks like the edge cracked and he apparently powered right through). I keep crumpled tissue and little cardboard tents (mini hides) in my sling box, but apparently these were also not to his liking. My sling box in on top of a big shelf over a 55g aquarium, so if he went down, the aquarium hood would be his first stop. Maybe inside the light fixtures? Lots of good sling hiding spaces, plenty of humidity, and the lights attract bugs, so his chances of surviving are good. I'm right in the middle of constructing a new T shelf that I think will be pretty close to escape-proof (lol) that is screened on 5 sides with an automatically closing & locking acrylic front. Stay tuned.

The Shadow

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Back in Febuary I was showing my Brachypelma auratum to my friend. I did not put the top on correctly when I put it away. An hour later I jump in bed to go to school and before I shut my light off, I saw it clinging to my wall over my head!

travisamone

Arachnopeon
i was cleaning out dead cricket remains from my Cyriopagopus Sp "blue"s cage and suddenly it darted out and jumped and ran up the side and was about to go out to the other side and onto my desk. now i was going to take some pictures of it afterwards do i grabbed the camera and managed to snap a picture right before it jumps:eek: ... .ALL the way to my bed then to the floor and runs under my bed. i frantically start pulling things out everywhere and let me tell you, its like a dump under my bed. haha so i keep pulling things out... Carefully... and dont find it, this was back when these were expensive spiders too :8o so i was so upset as i looked through all the stuff i pulled out. then i looked up at my closet and sure enough it was there on the door, watching me and laughing as i tore all that stuff out from my bed;P . dumb spider :)